The Mikuni v. Chikuni comparison

Can you provide a link to this? Sounds to me like the seller is justifying himself! I don't know if I am buying that story. The carbs could not be more different!
I agree, that Amazon comment looks sketchy and doesn't really say a whole lot.

A quick Google search shows that Mikuni branched out in the mid 80's to most SINO nations with production in Hong Kong as early as 1986. The introduction production run was 100,000 units from China. See "Globalization of the Automobile Industry" page 163.

Since then, according to Mikuni's corporate website, they have upscaled production of several products within China. From what I am seeing, it is entirely possible these Amazon and even Ebay carburetors were produced in China and India, not just under license, but under actual Mikuni auspices.

I found 2 huayi one rui and a sp labled carbs, calibrated the bench for 100% = 110CFM then flowed them.
HUAYI 39.6 and 41.2 CFM
SP 41.8CFM and the RUI was 43CFM. I did not use a radiused entry but flowed them all with the same setup as shown below.

I did not know how to measure the venture without taking out the choke plate. The opening by the back where it attaches to the head is .749 diameter but I can see the venture is smaller.

Very informative !!!! You should do a whole series... A video on tuning these carbs would help a lot of people !!! Maybe a sub video or article on the coralation between carb size , valve size , flow , jetting and engine displacement for some of our entry level builders
Yes, that would be great. I have an engine with one, have not even tried to mess with it until I read some more. It's certainly not plug-n-play and I am the first to admit I'm just below entry level when it comes to performance building.

trinik7597

The ruixing is a hemi carb ... And the rumors must be correct that the venturi is bigger based on your flow numbers ... The other 2 are new to me .. the only other stock carbs I have had are kein hin that are stock Hondas ... Some awesome info there though !! The mikuni 22mm flows more than twice as much as the best untouched stock carb ..

Oh wow! I did not notice that the studs on my intake manifold are not symmetrical with the bore. Thanks, LB! I might have gotten into trouble, as I was thinking about getting a real Mikuni. However, I am now leaning heavily on the Chikuni, partly based on you report, and partly on price.