Toy hauler build

Well went to look at the scrap motorhome and was a little disapointed
The inside was already stripped of anything usefull lol
The windows ( what few still had glass) were the the old square sided aluminum frame type. I was hoping for the rounded corner rubber gasket style.
About the only thing I saw that was cool was the roof top ac unit and it might still have the power converter box.
I told him to try and save them for me but he looked like the sledge hammer disassembly type lol

Thanks BikeBuddy thats a good option and very similar to my back up plan
On my local Kijiji for sale site there is close to a dozen fibreglass truck caps for sale under $50 a couple are free for the taklng.
I was contemplating cutting the fibreglass an 1" away from the rubber all the way around the widow , sanding it smooth then it could be screwed on to the side of the wall
Just a thought lol

Last edited:

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Thanks BikeBuddy thats a good option and very similar to my back up plan
On my local Kijiji for sale site there is close to a dozen fibreglass truck caps for sale under $50 a couple are free for the taklng.
I was contemplating cutting the fibreglass an 1" away from the rubber all the way around the widow , sanding it smooth then it could be screwed on to the side off the wall
Just a thought lol
That's a pretty good idea also..

Not much new on the hauler , it has been wet and cold here for a week lol
I have been sourceing parts and finalizing my design

Welded a rear door support frame up out of 1 1/2 angle to give the back some extra strength and picked up a used weight distributing hitch

Now it sits wrapped up waiting for a break in the weather , walls are next !

Well the weather has finaly cleared up enough to try and get a bit more done

I picked up 50 2"x2" studs and 14 sheets of 1/4 " meranti plywood after work

Sat morning I plan to start building walls
I will try to take pictures as I go :hammer::hack:

Last edited:
Ive been wanting to do this exact thing.. Can't seem to get motivated.. Have made MANY drawings/plans.. its the little things that are giving me a hard time.

Can't wait to see how this turns out!

Rob, do you have a place to work on it when the snow flies?
Lol it is allmost as big as my shop

Dan your more than welcome to bunk in the hauler might have to hook up a heater lol

I spent most of the day framing the walls , was able to build them flat on the deck
I fastened it all together with lots of Pl premium construction adhesive , 3 inch screws and my old Senco corrigated stapler shoots these cool wiggle nails lol

I built the walls on top of each other so they will match , roughed out the window and door openings.

Then I sheathed the inside of the walls with 1/4 inch meranti plywood and routered out the openings

Tomorow I plan to stand up the walls and layout the roof trusses

Thanks Yoop
I guess all these years as a cabinet maker are paying off lol

Kind of wierd building it inside out , but the int walls are done I put the ply wood on over size then just routered off the extra lol