Two stroke transmission fluid?

OK so with some searching around I'm finding different answers, what type of oil is recommended for a Kawasaki MT 1 I picked up this summer. I forgot to ask the PO and I saw that Gatecrasher here has posted some good stuff but his link is now dead.
10W30 engine oil?, Bel ray? Honda GN4? straight 30 weight engine oil? I'm thinking it might not be critical but I couldn't find anything in Kawasaki's manual for it. It did say it takes .61 of a quart? but not of what:confused: Tkanks

1971-1980-Kawasaki-MT1-KV75-Service-Manual_Page_1-253x300.jpg

2 cycle oil for the oil tank... There is gearbox oil that may need to be checked as well. There are forums and sites dedicated to your machine, which may be of interest to you.

These manuals are available for about $27... You have a nice bike and the additional reference would be informative and valuable.

Geez, my bad I was typing away and didn't see that my first part never got in my original post, gotta slow down... I'm asking what the gearbox oil should be. The P.O. did tell me he used Yamalube in the oil injection tank. The previous /original owner did just call me back and let me know he used Amsoil SAE 10W-40 Synthetic Motorcycle Oil in it so I grabbed some at NAPA today. 12.00 and change a quart and says it's wet clutch compatible and recommended for a whole list of manufacturers where 10W40, 80W90, API GL-1 in engines or transmissions but NOT where API GL-4 or GL-5 gear oil is required.
Thanks Bonanza:thumbsup:

Sounds like you have it figured out :thumbsup:
I have a lot of jap 2 strokes and run a bunch of different brands of oil , but they all have one thing in common

They are plain ordinary engine oil with No special additives because of the multidisc wet clutch

Last edited: