VESPA Scooter Scratch built by Jeep2003

buckeye

Heres the floorboards. Like i said I have to decide if im going with the chrome edging or not. I think next ill work on the front end handlebars and finish the front fender. then I can do the kick stand when the height is finalised. Im avoiding the brake for a little while because that seems like work. I might do the tail light too. I have a bunch of those little licence plates from the 70s that came with cereal so im going to mount one on there its the perfect size. Im still not sure about a luggage rack if I do make one itll have to be tiltable so I can get to the gas filler. that or have a big enough hole in it :scooter:

This,is,so dang cool.
Thanks for sharing your skills.

Im glad you guys like it! Iv been jumping back and forth between my mini push mower and this. But I dont think its slowing me down any. Today I worked on the front fender and got that nearly done. I ran the headlight wire through the frame just to see how it would travel down through the fender and back up into the headlight. I thought of a cool way to do it without the wire getting ripped off. I'll explain it better when I get some pics. I decided to go with the chrome edging around the footboards. I put some on to see how it looked and it looks great. I just hope that stupid little engine can push this thing around after all this work. otherwise itll just be a nice decoration

Ok you can see here i got the front fender done. A few cool features on the fork. the little piece between the axle and fender is stainless I thought that would make a really cool trim piece. I figured that out when i cut a little pattern out of cardboard to see what it would look like with sheetmetal then I saw how well it contrasted so made the piece form stainless. And where the wire runs through to avoid pinching the wire there is a little piece of pipe that acts as a steering stop and also runs the wires through it. All nicely hidden. The handlebars worked out great. The neck i used is from an excercise bike it fit right over the 3/4 bar with a little masaging. I still need to drill it for a bolt. I went to the junk yard and found a tailight bezel so i can work on that now. Also found some nice flexible chrome plastic strips to use for floor board runners. Lookin good :)

Thanks guys :) I think im going to try and make my own internal throttle. I thought of a pretty simple design i think itll work. only one way to find out.