wanted power products 1000 piston/rings

thanks for lookin...

I have a power products 1000 engine Ser#21605 that I am working on that I got from eBay. anyone know what year it is??

when I got it, it ran ok but when I took it apart I found the piston skirt was cracked away, and the bearings were not original.-There from Japan-. bores fine- reed plates fine too, little dinged up but ok as well as the crankcase. just wondering if theirs anyone out there that knows were I could get a set. Now I know that the Power Product company founders used to be from OMC, and I've seen a lot more parts for them then P-P NOS on eBay. do any parts cross over perhaps? say Ah-47 parts or something or lawn boy? I've also seen the Tillotson carb used all over, and a ton of different types of chainsaws with this style engine so there's good crossover on some things. also posted on smokstak but no bites yet.

afterthought... does anyone have a P-P Twin 300-350 that's getting in there way? or a 6 petal pyramid go power reed assy they could do without ? I'm not hurtin for one or anything, just wondering is all.

I have a Power Products M1000 that is complete except for the air filter assembly. It has compression and spark, and my intent is to build a tiny minibike with a postwar look to it. I particularly like that a little 2-stroke has a governor, and plan to use it.

Parts for these things come up now and again. Hard parts from the AH series do not seem to fit.

oh darn,

they have a bigger bore too. maybe my air shroud and tank could fit one of them, but that's just too mixed up.. I don't kno. I'm in the process of prepping mine for polishing, its too much of a beautiful engine for me to care about its patina. It needs to be polished. I also want to retro fit a flex pipe and aluminum ball muffler I got from this eBay Maytag engine guy "chucked the ball up to my cordless drill and polished up great". The plan was to make a tom thumb mini bike with it, and I scored a kit from another member, but the welder guy didn't assemble the frame right at all and he charged me more than I paid for it. Sooo I got bummed out on that and decided to get the horse before the cart. I was thinking about investing in a tubing bender and just bend one up myself but make tom thumb in aluminum instead. Id love to polish a twin but that would be QUITE a chore. have you heard of Dinky or Argyle Scooters they have P-P engines too. I think the Argyle gets its name because it folds at an angle for the wheels to clear each other.

I bought that filter, and it arrived Friday. I plan to use it somehow, to make a filter for my Power Products M1000 engine.

Plan is to make a Lauson-styled perforated sheet metal cylinder the same size as the brown, plugged-up stock air filter, then fit a piece of air filter foam around the outside of it. It needs to be functional.

If anyone has or sees an M1000 Power Products engine, or any parts for sale... please let me know.

Last edited: