My first Rupp.

If ya know any info on this model, I’d love to know. It’s rough. I took it as a payment for a welding job. I know I’m never going to have the finances to do this bike right. I’ve really only enjoyed actually making all my bikes. I may end up trading it for an old moped or scooter. ***the starter housing and the flywheel end of the shaft is missing. Someone took a heavy spill.

Attachments

Looks like a 1970 Scrambler(spoke wheels) and non original tall handlebars (kind of look like schwinn to me) also it should have an aluminum flywheel not cast iron. There are many original and hard to find parts on your Rupp though and I wouldn’t sell it short. I think if you fixed it up a bit it would give you more smiles than a moped or scooter ever could. Good luck with it whatever you decide.

cfh

with that front end and 12" wheels, it's a 1971/1972 model. if it was me, i would sell that exhaust on ebay (it's a 1970 roadster/enduro exhaust), and buy a new BlackwidowMS exhaust for a black widow bike. and get a new torque converter cover. BlackwidowMS also sells new handlebars. do that and you have a decent rupp with some value.

After further review of the comments and the supplied pictures what we might have here is a roadster with a scrambler tank. Could be an amalgamation also. More information is required but I thought all scramblers had 10” tires. Again I am not an expert by any means.

I have a 1970 roadster front end on my wall with one of those race plaques on it….its different than that front end….
Yes the ‘70 front end had exposed springs. I missed that on my first look at the pictures. Also it looks like headlight reflector straps are being used to hold the number plate. Most likely it’s a mix of years and models but hard to tell what’s what without more info.

cfh

your scrambler tank is just any 1970 to 1975 rupp tank with a scrambler decal. they are all the same, with some very minor detail changes from 1970 to 1972 (which 99.999% of the world would never know.) And technically, the pin strip on the tank was only done in 1971. but maybe the guy before you had a scrambler decal laying around. because they never made the scrambler in black, so that tank, unless from a black widow, is repainted.

with that front end (internal fork springs) and 12" wheels, the bike is definitely 1971 to 1975. and frankly probably 1971 or 1972. it does not really matter, it's still a cool 12" wheel rupp. And frankly, regardless of what Skipp says, Rupps are in high demand for a reason. They ruled the mini bike world in the early 1970s. Bonanza with frankly a "lesser brand" that did not sell any where near what Rupp sold, and for good reason...

cfh

any rupp? like say a fuji engine rmt rupp? hmm.... those 6" bonanza wheels and lack-of-rake front end can't keep up...

it's cool though. i mean i like the lesser brand speedways better than rupp. so i can relate.