Recent content by A_BURLY_WIND

1. A_BURLY_WIND

Clutch selection

Ok guys so posted a bit back asking questions on my mild build that has now turned a bit more wild. So basically ive got a doodlebug frame with a 212 hemi. Ported head with all the valvetrain upgraded, decked, wiseco piston, arc rod and flywheel, mod2 cam, and all the carb goodies including a...
  2. A_BURLY_WIND

Removing powder coat

We powder coat at my job and you can scuff it and shoot paint over it. But usually we just clean, scuff, and re-powder over the existing stuff like it was a base/primer. And you can do some awesome finishes with powder. Ive done tons of candy/flake/pearl stuff that people thought was painted.
  3. A_BURLY_WIND

non-hemi rod question

Thanks guys. Measured out to need the +20 so thats whats going in. Also have a local karting place porting the head a bit.
  4. A_BURLY_WIND

non-hemi rod question

Hey yall. Ive got a non hemi 212 on my mini bike and Im getting parts up, dont want to go real crazy but ive got billet fly wheel, mod2 cam, 26lb springs, jetted carb, cone filter, and a nice header. What rod from ARC should i use the standard or plus 20? not planning on doing any head work or...
  5. A_BURLY_WIND

hotrodded western flyer

Thanks dudes, Its my first go at a mini bike. Always wanted one as a kid but never ended up getting one anmd i wnatwed a neat swap meet cruiser and maybe do a lil drag racing with it . And excuse my horrible lookng work area, my hotrod is taking up most of the garage space and so its gotten a...
  6. A_BURLY_WIND

hotrodded western flyer

Hey yall, Im tony, heres some pics of my western flyer ss300 im working on. [owder coated the frame metallic rootbeer (kinda hard to tell in the pics) She's got a pred 212 with the stage 1 OldMiniBikes hop up kit. Im gonna drop it off soon to a buddy that builds race carts to do billet rod, flywheel...
  7. A_BURLY_WIND

NC mini bike association

Hey everybody! Me and a few buddies are trying to get more mini bike events going in NC and have started a facebook page called the NC Minibike & Gokart Association (based out of charlotte area). Any one is welcome to join we dig bikes and karts and anything cool really. Our main goal is to have...
  8. A_BURLY_WIND

NC Minibike and Bicycle show April 30th Eden, NC

I know this is a past event, and not trying to hijack the thread but me and a few buddies are trying to get more mini bike events going in NC and have started a facebook page called the NC Minibike Association. any one is welcome to join. Our main goal is to have some fun meets/shows and do some...
  9. A_BURLY_WIND

western flyer ss300 front wheel

Need a front wheel for my western, i have the 6 bolt hubs just need the two halves of the wheel.