Recent content by andy richter

1. andy richter

1973 Chaparral T-95

chipper, how many teeth on that sprocket; its huge! do you have both pulleys for the cvt?
  2. andy richter

noob - 7hp briggs motorcycle build - drivetrain and ride-ability Q's

Cuda, that idea not off the table yet. my early concerns were that the clutch(s) would wear quickly but a 2 speed would resolve the necessary slip from a stop. to power the lighting i have been thinking about how to have a constantly driven pulley or belt for an alternator since i havnt had...
  3. andy richter

the chain line will need to be played with as this bike will likely end up as a hardtail. appreciate the advice!
  4. andy richter

ludicrous, thats the bike. what i have available is only the frame and a very tired one at that. if my bike looked like the linked, complete bike, modifying it would be off the table.
  5. andy richter

i should add that the sportsman flyer 200 bikes have a honda 200cc motor and can cruise at speeds over 50mph. other than by looking at images provided i cant tell if any mods have been made other than a carb and exhaust. also, they utilize a single clutch on all their models up to 250cc. the...
  6. andy richter

not being familiar with modifying flathead motors i dont know what to expect as far as performance after modifications.. 11-12hp? I started this project thinking i was going to use a predator 212cc but happened upon this 7hp briggs flathead for cheap. from using online calculators, factoring...
  7. andy richter

neo, i hear that. exactly why i have avoided building another moped; you get tired of being bothered by police for just going the speed limit (but still faster than legally allowable) :laugh: i am lucky in that i have enough spare parts laying around and friends with welding skills to assist...
  8. andy richter

I am just not too sure what would be the better direction to take. a 2 speed jackshaft may be more reliable, idk; thats why i am asking questions first.
  9. andy richter

it is a motorcycle :wink: merriam-webster: Simple Definition of motorcycle : a vehicle with two wheels that is powered by a motor and that can carry one or two people Source: Merriam-Webster's Learner's Dictionary Full Definition of motorcycle : an automotive vehicle with two in-line wheels...
  10. andy richter

clutch or cvt? looking for a top speed ~ 70mph, gear ratio of 5-1? rear tire diameter will be ~ 26" flathead engine will have governor removed, mikuni carb and header - not trying to break 5k rpm's will be used for fun commuting and country road cruising because this will be driven on public...