Recent content by AussieBikeBuild

1. A

8HP flathead briggs performance parts

You were right, they are not cheap at all and not worth the investment with this engine! Maybe next time haha. Thanks for your help it was much appreciated!
  2. A

Sorry to be a pain but I couldn't find one, you wouldn't happen to have the link would you?
  3. A

Pretty sure it's because my engine is old and inefficient but it's a 319cc not a 305.
  4. A

Haha thanks for the advice, I decided to keep it under 4k and go with a sprocket that will give me more low end torque so high revs are pretty much out of the situation now.
  5. A

I was afraid of that, I guess next time I will have to buy a vanguard v-twin. They make some stellar performance parts for those engines, you can even get a supercharger on those things! Thanks for the confirmation though.
  6. A

Gearing for minibike [HELP]

Thanks for telling me but I'd rather get some input on whether or not 86 lbs of thrust is adequate considering the bike with me on it will weight at least 200lbs. I think I will just go with a 15t sprocket just to be safe.
  7. A

Hello, I have looked around the web for performance parts for an 8HP briggs, it's a 190400 model. I am mostly interested in a stonger connecting rod and flywheel but it seems Billet only makes those for the 5HP briggs. Am I incorrect with that assumption? Could anyone here point me to a place...
  8. A

Alright, I just filled out the gearing worksheet Motra kindly gave to me and here is what I have for 18T. With my limited knowledge on the subject, is 86 lbs of thrust enough?
  9. A

That seems like a real nifty tool to have! Pm'ing you now.
  10. A

My clutch is a #40 chain 10t but here is the catch. The 18t and the 60t are #35 chain, not sure if that makes a difference or not. Thanks for the help, I'm assuming the engine has enough grunt to pull at a reasonable pace since I put new rings on it and compression tests show consistency around...
  11. A

I have a question about my proposed gearing for my minibike After my calculations I concluded that if my engine was spinning in the middle of it's power band at 3600rpm, I would be topping out at 37MPH. Now I'm not sure about you but I want to get at least 45mph from an 8HP engine. I have...