Recent content by bassbuster

1. B

what brand red paint matches the stock DB color?

I use Rustoleum "Sunrise Red" in a Rattle can from Wal-Mart. Its a great match too.
  2. B

Doodlebug/Baja quality issues??

I have the Harbor Fright clone engine but I don't think its EPA?Calif. certified. I can get the gas cap off, it's just a little difficult. I will look into moving the tank over like Allen1967 suggested. I have to work on it anyways. I was Trail racing my buddies and hit a mud hole and the tires...
  3. B

DB forks

If im understanding you correctly, I have 5-1/8" between,... and the frame neck is 4-15/16" So I have a 3/16" space at the top.
  4. B

Pics of your exhaust!

My doodle bug has a bolt on header pipe from Affordable go carts. It is the straight header 2 stage. It barely fit and as a matter of fact, I had to tighten both exhaust bolt nuts at the same time to draw it down evenly because it was too tight to the frame. Looking back, I should have ordered...
  5. B

DoodleBug hydraulic brake

WoW thanks for the information. I see a winter project coming on......
  6. B

doodlebug TRIKE

Man that looks awesome! I wish I hadn't seen this post because now you got me wanting to make a trike. :hack:
  7. B

Doodlebug/Baja quality issues??

Yes the frame quality probably isin't as good the old vintage minibike but it is pretty reliable. I am 6'4" tall, and 300 pounds and let me tell ya, I ride the sh*t outta my doodlebug. I installed the 6.5 horse clone, 11 tooth clutch with the stock rear sprocket, split the case and removed the...
  8. B

Re-introduction and a comparison of 2 diff. engines

First of all I would like to re introduce my self. Now that deer season is over here in Missouri,I am able to check out the lastest in doodlebug talk. My name is Ronnie, age 37, married, 1 child aged 2, I am a prof. trim carpenter by trade and I have several minibikes,.. A doodle bug with the...
  9. B

DB-30 Chain Tensioner/Adjuster...

Strigoi is correct. You dont need a tensioner. I took mine off too with no problems. I adjust my chain tension by sliding the engine forward or backwards.
  10. B

Good deal of HF 6.5 clone

I just thought I would let ya's know that in the new August issue of Field and Stream is a full page ad for Harbor Freight that includes a coupon for 60 dollers off the 6.5 horse clone engine, bringing the price down to 99 bucks. Im thinking about picking up another one just to have.
  11. B

how to bend handle-bar back safely ?

Try wrecking it again and be sure to bend the other side down to match! haha
  12. B

Can I install a 6.5hp engine on my DB30 without cjtmini mount kit?

I guess this message is really directed towards CJTMINI. I had read on here, to install a TAV2 torque converter, you have to use a 3/4" spacer under the engine. My question is, can you make and sell a plate from 3/4" stock aluminum?
  13. B

Post your doodlebug

Fonz, That cool matching paint is a rattle can paintjob. I found that paint at Walmart. Im not home right now but i think it is Rustoleum. I am surprised too by how well it matches. Oh and yeah, I tranferred the 97cc sticker onto the 6.5 horse. Makes it a sleeper now. Haha!
  14. B

Post your doodlebug

I have no idea. I just got that 6.5 horse from Harbor Freight about 2 weeks ago
  15. B

Post your doodlebug

Here ya go!