Recent content by BlacknBlue2002

1. B

First Build Attempt: Knobby Bad Dog Frame

A picture to spark some interest:
  2. B

First Build Attempt: Knobby Bad Dog Frame

bringing this thread back from the dead...had a bit of a break from the mini-bike...about a year or so. I was overseas for a bit and this and that just kind of lead to the bike sitting incomplete. first...to clear up the TAC issues I was having...I think it was also related to my engine not...
  3. B

Custom Built Bad Dog!

Sent you a PM...I want it
  4. B

Two super bronc's MINI BIKES vt-8 & vt-10

says they need work...obviously some cosmetic stuff, but do they run?...and if so, how well?
  5. B

Possible Issue w/ a TAC-2???

Found this note on setting the green spring...I will be doing this tomorrow after work...maybe it's been my problem all along: SETTING SPRING PRELOAD: Instructions on disassembly & reassembly of a symmetrical & asymmetrical torque converter system. (20 , 30 &40 Series) Remove the driven unit...
  6. B

i took it apart...set the green spring to '1'....and wasn't exactly sure what you meant by 'next lobe'? I just pressed the spring straight down until I could put the c-clip on. The outer piece kind of lines up right in between two of the black pieces...not to either side of them is this...
  7. B

what would keep the driven from opening?. I can move it by hand even though it is tough. I degreased the whole thing when I was messing with the green spring. Unless I somehow put it back together wrong?....but you are correct...it always stays at it's tallest on the rear driven...never...
  8. B

I just took that part off...how do I remove the 'blue' painted springs? Those things are holding those two 1/2's together very tightly. I feel like I could probably pull them off with a screwdriver but they look like they may be tight to get back on
  9. B

definitely full throttle...even took the screw out to make sure it is maxing out. The engine is brand new. It seems like it's running fine. It will pull me around on the bike at about 5mph at full throttle, but it doesn't move at all unless it's full throttle. Looking down at the main shaft...
  10. B

part number?...where do i buy? I'm about to buy a new kit because this is nerve racking :hammer:
  11. B

still no worky....but atleast i snapped some pics Here is a closeup of the front: And here is a full on pic of the tightness of the belt: springs installed...and yes I've tried both directions: showing how the part slides in and out easily:
  12. B

Hole Pattern for HF 6.5HP Clone...need dimensions

Thanks so much guys...this will save me a full day on getting my bike back together really appreciate it :thumbsup:
  13. B

Hole Pattern for HF 6.5HP Clone...need dimensions

I did a search...and I know the hole pattern is the same as most other engines. My problem is I'm at work and want to cut down and drill out a piece of 1"x1" boxed aluminum to act as an engine riser. I don't have an engine in front of me that I can measure, but was hoping I could get this...
  14. B

I'll snap some pics tomorrow night...I cleaned a lot of gunk off the primary and it definitely slid a lot better. I cranked it and it would pull me along at about 5mph at full throttle. It still isn't catching fully. There are no arrows on the belt from what I can tell, but tried it both ways...
  15. B

Hey guys, I'm hoping this is the right place to put this question as I'm still somewhat new here: I've been building a fat tire mini bike from a kit I bought. Currently I'm running a 22" tall tire and a new 6.5 HF Clone. I did my research and knew I'd be needing a torque converter or a...