Recent content by buttgoblin707

1. buttgoblin707

My clone runs like crap :(.

I am having similar issues (including hot summer temp) I replaced my spark plug took engine apart inspected all internals just did simple blow off of carb, I have come to the conclusion either my carbs clogged or the coil is bad, the spark when i pull the cord dont seem too strong and only seems...
  2. buttgoblin707

A little useful info before ordering the cheap Mikuni carbs

carbs I have never ran a tilly but they look alot like a gigantic walbro carb with low/high settings, they look very easy to tune.
  3. buttgoblin707

phase 2 of the arco bomber

IM going to install locktite on the coil, I think the coil did come loose and it had a nice domino effect. I got a harbor frieght lifan clone branded greyhound with the L shaped tank just got done removing the gov and man the valve rockers sure look flimsy, so i took the assembly off my champion...
  4. buttgoblin707

A little useful info before ordering the cheap Mikuni carbs

I replaced my carb with a mikuni just because my float bowl broke, and I figure why replace palstic parts when you can have a metal carb with no annoying linkage. even the smaller venturi is better than a stock clone carb
  5. buttgoblin707

Best Fuel for 6.5 clone

some gas stations have better quality fuel than others, If it is stale, dirty, or watered down it will run worse. in california many years back environazis got some additive put in the fuel that caused nothing but problems. Sunoco has decent quailty pump gas in my area, when I was in california...
  6. buttgoblin707

sold a old basket case honda enduro i had so now i will have 200 bones twards a new engine maybe i will be minibiking this summer, but im not gonna install the carb until I get a better flywheel
  7. buttgoblin707

My New Clone with Mods (pics)

mine had no problems getting fuel when i installed a small pulse pump, but if running the mikuni on a clone i would suggest a billet flywheel because mine exploded after putting on a mikuni.
  8. buttgoblin707

When Do I need a Flywheel. 6.5 Clone?!?!

flywheel I removed the gov, put in med strength valve springs, mikuni22mm with fuel pump, and pulse manifold and the flywheel exploded and turned my engine into a paperweight, I was lucky not to get hurt and lucky all my hp parts are fine because they cost more than the clone engine! get a...
  9. buttgoblin707

next engine i get if I have any problems with the flywheel im going to find a billet one or at leas oem honda! the damn intake port cracked too but didn't seem to harm the manifold just put 2 small nicks in the aluminum, all in all im pretty lucky just the engine broke and the carb and goodies...
  10. buttgoblin707

seems the flywheel must have been cracked :hammer: dont ignore peoples advice :doah: get a genuine honda flywheel or billet flywheel my clone is now grenaded pics later total carnage but the carb n performance parts appear fine LOL it hauled before the big bang though :smile: looks like i...
  11. buttgoblin707

GXH50 Honda Engine

tiny engine I wouldnt mind fiddling with a tiny honda 4 stroke but I once knew a guy with a older mini honda and it sounded broken when it was working and it went maybe 15mph if lucky, If you need a clutch for one try daves discount motors. but if tiny is what you want try a 23cc-60cc zenoah or...
  12. buttgoblin707

ha ha well i got all the little hardware i needed to mount the beast on the frame and fire it up and i revd it and saw a spark and a click click click, killed it then removed the shroud and low and behold the magnet came loose good thing it has a screw keeping it from falling off the flywheel...
  13. buttgoblin707

I have reused cork before, it is still good as long as it has not become torn or over compressed, the silicone ones distort too much and tear easy they really are about as good as the other, I just like cork because it seals well i hate leaks but its nothing a little tube of plumbers goop wont fix
  14. buttgoblin707

Well I got the carby and adaptor springs and gaskets in the mail got er buttoned up just need to get oil and other small stuff and air filter tomorrow then ill be mini biking the rest of the summer! I really liked the valve cover gasket, it was cork instead of crappy rubbery sillicone that...
  15. buttgoblin707

Pure reliability

clones smetimes people have power equipment with a honda engine that needs repair and they just toss out the old engine and buy a clone because it is cheaper than paying someone to fix the genuine engine. If your lucky you can dumpster dive and have a genuine honda engine case. I am thinking...