Recent content by capguncowboy

1. capguncowboy

NOT so new old stock?!? Help!

Once upon a time someone posted that Fairbanks Morse made the Rupp units, but I've never been able to confirm that anywhere. OP, If you're not happy, then let the seller know. It'll come down to you and him working it out.
  2. capguncowboy

What bike is it?

Trailhorse, not sure what model, but the 4" wheels were usually on the lower end models. The forks are a better indicator, but those have been quite edited
  3. capguncowboy

Put a Headlight and Taillight on my MTD

That's a nice bike. I've always wanted to take one of those for a spin but they just don't pop up around here
  4. capguncowboy

Rupp belt, why is this so hard?

I want to say I found the 200421 to be too loose, but I can't recall which one worked best
  5. capguncowboy

70 Rupp Roadster build blower housing

For some reason, I thought it was the 12 o'clock orientation, but I was wrong. From what I was told years ago, not having them in the right orientation on a slanted engine will cause damage to the blower housing. Here's the original engine from my 1970 Rupp you can get 1/4-20 studs on...
  6. capguncowboy

70 Rupp Roadster build blower housing

Are the mounting holes in the right orientation? If I recall correctly, it should be at 12,3,6,9 O'Clock
  7. capguncowboy

Duck frame?

Looks like it. If the frame is 1", it could be the Sears Drover model
  8. capguncowboy

Is This An Arctic Cat?

I think the fork is from a Trailhorse. The axles are from a tree, lol
  9. capguncowboy

Cool Little Scooter.

It's powered by a Tecumseh (Power Products) AH47 -- pretty great Argyle survivor -- but that's a big price tag!
  10. capguncowboy

Unknown shock

Is the engine plate two pieces or one? The single piece was 1968, so probably a c350 or c500. Two piece is 1969, most likely a digger
  11. capguncowboy

1968 Rupp TT-500

Yes, I would say that's a safe bet
  12. capguncowboy

Unknown shock

I don't know for sure. I know it was offered as an option from Rupp originally, but I recall someone saying they eventually made it standard because it was the only way to get enough leverage to make it work
  13. capguncowboy

1968 Rupp TT-500

The engine looks like it could be original (no starter mount, no fuel line holes in the blower housing) but the serial plate is missing and I'm not seeing the lighting coil wires. My guess is someone either replaced the engine or at the very least, replaced the flywheel/coil
  14. capguncowboy

Help with identifying mini frame.

Fox Doodlebug