Recent content by cowboyjoe8

1. cowboyjoe8

Great Deal in Kansas City

Great deal!
  2. cowboyjoe8

:D Maybe if you offered him $100 he'd do it...;)
  3. cowboyjoe8

https://kansascity.craigslist.org/snw/d/overland-park-old-mini-bike-make-unkown/7724943714.html
  4. cowboyjoe8

Keystone Deluxe Build

Even had a headlight bracket, that's cool! Mine didn't even have that on the original fork.
  5. cowboyjoe8

Keystone Deluxe Build

My brother was ready to paint it this past weekend, so he tore it apart and id so. I think it turned out great! Prepped Painted, GM Blue. And here is where we're at now, trying to get it back together. Can't wait till it's finished!
  6. cowboyjoe8

Keystone Deluxe Build

Thanks @hermans13! I'm sure we will, and I'll definitely keep you all posted!
  7. cowboyjoe8

Keystone Deluxe Build

Can't believe it's almost been a month since I've updated... I've slowly been chipping things off the mini bike to-do list, at this point I'm trying to keep it as roadworthy as possible so my little bro can ride it, get used to it, and see the things we need to improve. We got the exhaust...
  8. cowboyjoe8

Help please

I really know nothing about rebuilding these engines(or engines in general), so I could be way outta line with this, but to me if an engine is said to have a 68mm piston, and it's measuring to 67.75, I would have to assume that it's a 68mm that's just been rounded up. But that is just a guess...
  9. cowboyjoe8

Keystone Deluxe Build

Thanks sparkwizard! I got them off Ebay, just look up pit bike wheels. There are all sorts of different options, drum brakes, disk breaks, grey wheels, black wheels, 10", 12", 14", ect.
  10. cowboyjoe8

Keystone Deluxe Build

I haven't had a ton of time to work on the bike the past couple of weeks. Last week I was able to get the headset done, and my dad drilled and tapped the crankshaft for the TAV. But tonight I was able to get the chain on, the gas tank, and threw it together just enough that I was able to test...
  11. cowboyjoe8

Great HS40 Tecumseh Deal in St. Louis

Ok, so I tried it last night, and it had his phone # on there, I went and tried it this morning, and now all I get is the email.. so don't know what's up with that.
  12. cowboyjoe8

It's up under the Reply tab, at least, it is for me.:) I haven't tried contacting him, if he was closer I might.
  13. cowboyjoe8

I can still see the number, the red wire I think is/was for a kill switch.
  14. cowboyjoe8

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/snw/d/saint-louis-vintage-tecumseh-hs40-motor/7684365704.html Wow.
  15. cowboyjoe8

Keystone Deluxe Build

Hey Charles, thanks for the information, I appreciate someone willing to point out flaws! As far as the rotors go, I am pretty sure they only go on one way(I didn't put them on), and were intended for the other side, so at this point they kinda are what they are...:D As for the jackshaft...