Recent content by Crashnburn

1. C

Fatty from 3 wheeler forks.

Also made a couple of gussets to beef up the front end, as was suggested. Defanetly a good thing. Good thing I'm better at grinding than I am at welding. Should be an easy one to do.
  2. C

Thanks for the comments. Its inspiring among such a crowd. Turns out fatties can be fun. Rode it around the backyard a bit. I can feel the mass on the front tire, kinda helps in corners. It's a weird gyro effect. Super stable. I messed with the gearing a bit, and fixed some issues with the...
  3. C

I think I like it. Got the motor and jackshaft in place. Just need throttle and finish up some welds, and I can try it out. Brakes will come later.
  4. C

My son and I found this one on top of a mound of tanks.
  5. C

Got a little bending, cutting and beginner welding done the last couple days. I kinda knew I was being a little ambitious for a 2nd try at a frame. I decided to keep it at simple as possible. Contrary to simple, I went looking for a fuel tank at the cycle yard. Found a decent one with a cap...
  6. C

Now back to some more realistic propositions
  7. C

Took my son to the motorcycle junk yard I've been going to since I was a kid. The place is amazing. I could easily put a dent I the savings account there. We grabbed some 3 wheeler forks and a couple wheels with some rotted 22x11x8's. Found a complete front hub with the shaft, sleeves and...
  8. C

Gilson Bros with belt drive to rear wheel?

On to the sprocket... I put a considerable amount of thought into this while waiting for it to show up. After I had the sprocket, I realized I could use a bearing in the center hole, and half of the split wheel to align them to each other. I just used the holes for the bolts that hold the...
  9. C

Gilson Bros with belt drive to rear wheel?

Thanks Doc for the tip on the clutch/chain cover! I gonna make my own, much more fun that way. I bought some parts - brake band, rear springs, drive sprocket blank, tires and air filter. They all showed up today. Tore it apart, and made some progress. Sanded the frame a bit to unearth some...
  10. Mounted_sprocket

Mounted_sprocket

11. Drilling_drive_sprocket2

Drilling_drive_sprocket2

12. Drilling_drive_sprocket

Drilling_drive_sprocket

13. Worn_brake_belt

Worn_brake_belt

14. Taking_things_apart

Taking_things_apart