Recent content by crazy4flatheads

1. crazy4flatheads

4hp head on 5hp briggs?

okay where do you you go for your research? i looked around on google and wasnt really finding much :( i didnt start working on the engine yet.
  2. crazy4flatheads

4hp head on 5hp briggs?

idk i think ill put the 4hp head on it then do some porting maybe ill get the best of both worlds:grind::grind::scooter::scooter::scooter::thumbsup:
  3. crazy4flatheads

4hp head on 5hp briggs?

does a 4hp head make a difference on a 5hp bock? ive herd ppl say it increases compression, but then again ive herd ppl say that it causes a loss in air flow:shrug:. whats ya'lls opinion? is it worth my time? let me know thanks!
  4. crazy4flatheads

rings?

when i get the rod im gonna change em while i got it apart im gonna check everything
  5. crazy4flatheads

fuel pump

from the intake? how? its gotta blow and suck air every engine ive seen they used the vacum on the bottom end of the engine i think thats the strongest vacum on the engine.
  6. crazy4flatheads

rings?

if it were a worn out bore woulddnt it smoke all the time? like constantly? i think its mostly rings or valve guide either way there all geting replaced when i get my new rod. is there any mild cams that will give some more power with out having to do little to none head work? i would also like...
  7. crazy4flatheads

fuel pump

thanks i put it all together last night it works like a dream i gotta rebuild my fuel pump the diaphrams are getting weak and i dont want to get gas in my oil but i ran it last night for a few minutes and its perfect thanks again
  8. crazy4flatheads

rings?

how thick of head gasket should i get? i got a head pipe and silencer on it. heres a picture i got an airfilter now to this is an old picture. so the copper exhast gasket helps with heat displacment? i honestly never woulda thought of that thanks
  9. crazy4flatheads

rings?

im gonna get new piston and rings when i get my arc rod that why ill have it apart one time ill lap the valves wile i got it apart also. so it should be like a new engine
  10. crazy4flatheads

tach

sweet i thought they were alot more expensive but i was thinking of like junior drag tachs ha thanks i just want to be able to watch what my engine is doing, and keep my engine is a safe zone
  11. crazy4flatheads

tach

whats an easy and cheap way to hook up a tach to a 5hp briggs without the lighting coil would any small engine or lawn mower shop carry a tach thats cheap and afective? thanks.
  12. crazy4flatheads

tecumseh engine

thanks i went on there website im gonna give them a call when i get outta school
  13. crazy4flatheads

tecumseh engine

what if i found and engine like a clone with a 3/4 crank but i put a different pully on it? anyone no of any websites where i can look through are the different choice's of engine to pick from?
  14. crazy4flatheads

tecumseh engine

the crank on the old one is 1 inch and its got the auxilary drive off the cam im having problems finding them would a hs50 block work dose anyone know? i almostt think the only differene is the auxilary drive cam and the crank case but hes got a good cam and crank case
  15. crazy4flatheads

rings?

some newer pictures of it they suck because they were taking with my phone and the karts muddy because me and my neighbor were out playing and he misjudged a turn and ended up in a ditch he not a very experienced driver but hey we all started out. weve all had our own accidents it happens...