Recent content by dogfish

1. D

Well Duh!

Finished building my shop and house, and as the weather started getting warmer I thought I'd pull the mini bikes out and get them tuned up and ready for lots of riding by the boys. I replaced the flat tire on one bike, fixed the chain on the other, and then set my sights on the engines. I...
  2. D

post your B&S throttle pics

The hard part is trying to figure out what each person calls it. I looked under throttle linkage before I stumbled upon this post.
  3. D

Next victim!

So I was checking Craigslist the other day and saw lawnedger for sale, 3.0 hp engine. Got me thinking that I needed to upgrade one of the boys mini-bikes. I called and the $100 lawn edger was gone. Bummer. On one of my trips back home yesterday from the hardware store I swung by a garage...
  4. D

Subaru "Robin" in a DB?

Looking to see if anyone has encountered issues bolting an EX-13 4.5HP into a DB. I figure it would provide better performance over the stock engine, and yet still be safer than a HF 6.5HP engine for the boys to ride.
  5. D

Doodlebug yay or nay???

all the same.
  6. D

Doodlebug Motor Upgrade Kit

Talked with Chris last night and ordered a plate and screws. Thanks !
  7. D

Doodlebug yay or nay???

Yup, just toss a spare engine in it and you'll be fine. Bought our three DB's just to build new ones on.
  8. D

is snow good for the doodlebug

No issues with salt on our property, but the tires didn't worl too well in slush.
  9. D

Contracting out 6.5 upgrade job...?

CHains are easy with the chain breaker tool. Been waiting on a kit, decided to do it myself. Worked out just fine! The kit certainly would have made the project quicker.
  10. D

KILLER CLONE SALE ALERT thread!

for sale in Washington State for $129, no coupon, out the door.
  11. D

So about that 2.8hp engine????

The boys each got a DB30, in addition to the one I got myself. One DB is running strong, and the other is a pig. Would dropping in the HF 2.5 HP engine be an upgrade, or should I look for a used 5hp Briggs to shoehorn in there? Thanks!
  12. D

knock off 6hp engines fromHarbor Frieght

Very strong running motors.
  13. D

idle problem

I had screwed it out, just wrote incorrectly. Thanks for the pic..
  14. D

idle problem

I'll give that a shot. Thanks.
  15. D

idle problem

I've screwed that sucker in as far as it goes. There might be something in my linkage (AGK style set-up) that is keeping it from closing all of the way. I'll play with the Dremel tomorrow and strip it down a bit. Got a box of springs at HF tonight, just in case. Strigoi, I see how you...