Recent content by Eviljimchicken

1. Eviljimchicken

Another aftermarket carb thread... 5hp flathead

Thanks for recommending that I message him, I have have gotten a lot of useful info on the type of slide carb to use and other things like that. He ended up linking me this carb Motorcycle 18mm Carburetor Carb 33mm Fuel Filter F Honda Dirt Bike XR80 79 84 | eBay I'm still stuck on the manifold...
  2. Eviljimchicken

Thanks for clearing up the mikuni thing, I'm really interseted in that set up just because if the throttle hookup. I have a basic understanding of how a slide carb works because I had one on my motorized bike. Do you think you could tell me what type of mikuni to get, or what mikuni clone? I...
  3. Eviljimchicken

Because there seem to be so many issues, I'm considering a flojet, but I don't know what kinds fit my 2 bolt engine. Would a flojet hook right up to the governor etc?
  4. Eviljimchicken

Oh i just threw on that muffler since I happened to find it. I could probably get some threaded pipe and just extend it.... right? Could you post a picture of that intake? Also if the carb is rotated, wouldn't that screw up how the float and bowl work? If so, how would one go about fixing that?
  5. Eviljimchicken

I didn't mention it earlier, but was $20 a good deal for that engine? Just wondering if I totally scored or if its just a super common engine. I got it to run for a while with the stock carb that was really dirty and not adjusted.
  6. Eviljimchicken

After doing a bit more research and getting some advice from carplaylb, I think I'm going to go with the tecumseh carb for 2 reasons. For one it bolts straight up to the plastic briggs intake, and the second reason is that it can be adjusted with screws and I wont have to buy a bunch of jets to...
  7. Eviljimchicken

Here are some pictures of the minibike so it will be a bit easier to see what i'm trying to do :thumbsup:
  8. IMG_20150717_193546036

IMG_20150717_193546036

9. IMG_20150717_193536403

IMG_20150717_193536403

10. IMG_20150717_193527922

IMG_20150717_193527922

11. Eviljimchicken

I just took off the carb/tank thingy and bolted the engine on. It looks like the stock plastic briggs intake will work after all. I'm interested in a mikuni setup, do you think you could tell me what intake would be closest to working with that? I can drill holes and weld a little nothing too...
  12. Eviljimchicken

I was just looking at my engine and I am still clueless as to how one would conect all of the linkages, I'm still stuck on how I could attach the throttle lol. But that is some useful info! I'm definitely going to look over what you said once I get everything set up! Im having a really hard time...
  13. Eviljimchicken

Thats a really nice minibike you have there :thumbsup: ! Any tips for throttle? I'm guessing i should probably just not even bother with the governor lol i bet that would be a nightmare making linkages and such. Do you recommend just removing all of the governor internals and just listening to...
  14. Eviljimchicken

Ok, so if I buy an h30 TEC carb and the intake that was posted earlier it should all just bolt up and work after I plug the hole, get gaskets, bolts, and tune tune etc?
  15. Eviljimchicken

Thats exactly what I need, now on the website it has two options for throttle bore (1.060" Throttle Bore Carb (Fits 1.000" T.B. Carb too) and (For 1.125" Throttle Bore Carb). How can I determine which bore I need, also what is that nipple looking thing on the side for?