Recent content by Izzy15

1. I

Clinton Panther

Anyone interested in purchasing a Clinton Panther engine? All original paint. Just finished replacing gaskets that needed to be replaced. Fixed the governor to work perfectly. Original spark plug. Original everything. $500 plus shipping.
  2. I

Clinton 500 Panther Engine with Custom Rod

Thank you for the feedback. I did include a slot for lubrication.
  3. I

I have been contemplating selling the engine now that I am done with it. I would like it to go to someone that will use it to restore a vintage mini-bike. Receiving feedback on the engine performance would also be cool to see how I can improve on it some more since I have one other Clinton...
  4. I

Made this custom aluminum connecting rod for my Panther 500 engine. When I tore down this engine to restore it, I wanted to improve it to make it better. Did all of the expected restoring steps of replacing all of the gaskets, oil seals, replacing the piston rings, rebuilding the carburetor...
  5. I

Clinton Panther 500

With a bullnose end mill
  6. I

Clinton Panther 500

I run a rough pass to remove most of the material but leave .02 of material. I then run 2 finishing passes at a very slow ipm to end up with a clean surface.
  7. I

Clinton Panther 500

Thank you for reaching out. I was able to find a local resource for the piston rings. As for the connecting rod, it seems like this part was the Achilles heel of the motor and would get damaged when the engine was subjected to a high load. Therefore, I removed the old one and began to design a...
  8. I

Clinton Panther 500

Hi everyone. I am in the process of rebuilding my Panther 500 engine. Engine wouldn’t turn on and it turns out that the compression was low. Thus, I’m tryin to resource a new piston ring set, either the (233-114-500) regular size, the chrome ring set (233-142-500), or the (237-142-500) .02...