Recent content by LXRACR

1. L

Problem running a headlight off motor!

Yep, At Idle! Hello, yep 16.5 at idle! was told a 12v diode was put in line on the alt. output wire, perhaps it isn't working? has anyone else used this motor with a light? How did ya' wire it? Thanks! Jason
  2. L

Problem running a headlight off motor!

Hello, I have a 10 hp Snow King Tecumseh motor on my mini. I tried to run a headlight off the alt. wire (35 watt tractor light). The bulb keeps blowing after about 1 minute run time. I measure around 16.5 volts at wire with engine running. Any ideas? If I put a small 12 volt battery between the...
  3. L

Tecumseh Snow King governer removal??

Governer.. Thanks for the input- this bike was built as a camping type bike that wont see real high top speeds. I am looking for more of a billy goat type bike (hence the big tires, torque converter and large engine). The issue with the governer removal is the difficulty I'am having getting the...
  4. L

Tecumseh Snow King governer removal??

hello, not a lot of mini bike experience here. Could I just remove the bar going to the governer and run a new custom throttle linkage (Bypassing the governer)? I'm having a lot of governer engagement / linkage issues. I have a 10hp Snow King motor and torque converter. It looks pretty...
  5. L

First mini bike, runs like a dog! need help! Thanks....

Great.. I figured it was the governer, I checked to make sure the throttle blade (butterfly) valve was all the way open at full throttle...it is. Also, I assume the choke blade should be all the way in the open position once warmed up as well? I have the torque converter on the side with the...
  6. L

New here, first mini, couple of quick questions!

It is called a "Bad Dog" Hello, it's called a "bad dog" and looks like a 2 wheel atv (large knobby tires, large frame).
  7. L

First mini bike, runs like a dog! need help! Thanks....

Hello, I have my first mini bike (large frame with a Tecumseh "snow king" 10 hp motor). It barely gets out of it's own way...When test riding it I noticed when I push the bar that the throttle lin kage connects too at the governer it pops a wheelie and takes off. Obviously it has power, I just...
  8. L

First mini, few ? about running a headlight...

hello, just built my first mini. I have a 10 hp techumseh motor with a stator? installed. Any ideas what my available wattage would be? What size / watt headlight could I run? Do I need to run a 12v battery between the stator and the light? Do I need some kind of rectifier? Or could I run the...
  9. L

New here, first mini, couple of quick questions!

Hello, I'm purchasing a mini bike (new manufactured) with a torque converter. large frame and a 10 hp tecumpseh motor. Any ideas how fast it will be or if climbing hills will be an issue (i'm 200lbs), thanks in advance...I love the forum! Jason