Recent content by M20B25

1. M

Any help is appreciated.

I think you are correct. Thanks.
  2. M

Any help is appreciated.

My friend just picked this up and we're wondering what it is? He says it has a tecumseh motor with a carb manufactured by a company that went out of business 40 years ago... Any help? :shrug:
  3. M

Ghetto rigged rebuild.

Thanks old-timer, Got the frame back from PC yesterday, couple minor imperfections, but overall I think it came out pretty nice. I need to take some better pics when it is out in direct sunlight to really show the depth of the candy red.
  4. M

Asuza Build

Looks great, did you make that clutch guard or purchase it?
  5. M

Ghetto rigged rebuild.

Lost interest in this for a while after my dad dumped the bike and damaged one of the foot pegs, also I was having difficulty dialing in the brake setup. After a few weeks I ended up deciding to get some foldable pegs and also remounted the brake several times and it now works perfectly. Next...
  6. M

Ghetto rigged rebuild.

Trimmed the brake caliper bracket and hooked up the line. Going to try and tack the mount in place tomorrow and see how it is. Still undecided on running a chain tensioner, and may weld on a kickstand as well. disregard the line locations in this pic. :laugh:
  7. M

What frame is this?

Picked this up a few months ago. Condition of frame makes me think it is reasonably old, but I have no idea what it is, or whether it's home made? Posted a link to my build thread as well that has a lot more pics. Thanks in advance. link to build thread with more pics...
  8. M

Ghetto rigged rebuild.

Seems like one of the wheels was not manufactured properly. Swapped the front wheel to the rear as that one is a lot more true. Today I made some aluminum spacers for the front and rear, ordered the tubing to fit the axle size but it ended up being .020" too small of an ID so I had to bore the...
  9. M

Ghetto rigged rebuild.

If I left them out my cat would do the same thing, for some odd reason she loves plastic bags. Wondering what peoples thoughts are on spring loaded chain tensioner pulleys? I've seen them on a few bikes, I would prefer to not run one, but for the life of me I can't seem to get the driveline...
  10. M

Ghetto rigged rebuild.

I'm considering it. More rake should make it more stable at speed correct? In the brief time I rode the bike before tearing it apart it seemed to handle ok, but I don't have a lot of experience with riding other minis to relate to. Once I get everything assembled I will test it out and see what...
  11. M

Ghetto rigged rebuild.

Cut the old seat mount off and made two new ones for the new seat, hopefully get a chance to weld them on tomorrow after work. I also installed the OldMiniBikes throttle linkage kit when I had the motor mounted to the frame, and it feels like an improvement over the stock linkage. The company I...
  12. M

Ghetto rigged rebuild.

new tires and foot peg covers came today. trying to decide what color and whether to paint or have it powdercoated
  13. M

Ghetto rigged rebuild.

Minibike Disc Brake kits for some reason they didn't included the brake lever, or cable with my kit. trying to contact them but they don't answer their phone or email.
  14. M

Ghetto rigged rebuild.

Haven't done anymore work yet, but I was excited to get a large shipment of parts. Extremely happy with the quality of the brake kit I purchased (made in USA), machined caliper and the fitment of everything is really tight. Much better quality than I was expecting for a mini bike brake kit...
  15. M

Ghetto rigged rebuild.

Finally got back to working on this. Waiting on a big order of parts to get here. Started stripping the paint off the frame, and also cut the scrub brake setup off as well as the right side footpeg (was undersize, rest of the tubing is 7/8" OD). Couple pics, not the most exciting. Found...