Recent content by MINI-BIKE-BASHER

1. MINI-BIKE-BASHER

212 hemi predator help

The lash was opened up a lot after warming up. I have never heard of the 0 lash trick before.
  2. MINI-BIKE-BASHER

212 hemi predator help

I changed the jet that comes out of the bottom of the carb along with the etube. I have never changed any other jets in any of my engines,but I didn't know there was another jet that people were changing.
  3. MINI-BIKE-BASHER

212 hemi predator help

I used valve lapping compound. Bought at advance auto. I never checked the seal and I do not know how to honeslty.
  4. MINI-BIKE-BASHER

212 hemi predator help

valve lash is set at TDC at .003 per Eric at OldMiniBikes. Air filter is what I am referring to when I say intake. Car lingo is always stuck in my head. valves were lapped and seated and are the correct size. Rod bearing was seated properly and the rod is the correct size. Dots on cam were lined up to...
  5. MINI-BIKE-BASHER

212 hemi predator help

Is anyone in the Levittown pa area that will take a look at my hemi 212 predator engine? It has an arc billet flywheel,arc rod,dyno cs cam,intake,exhaust,.037 jet (I've tried many) 140 Etube,26lb springs, arc stainless steel keepers and retainers,chromoly rods, and I think that's it. I can't get...
  6. MINI-BIKE-BASHER

HEMI Predator 212cc ISSUE stage 1 kit,billet flywheel,billet rod

UPDATE: Thank you guys for the help. It was a valve float issue and it actually caused the valve to hit the piston top,but it was minor damage. I put 26lb springs in with a dyno cs cam along with stainless steel valves,retainers,and keepers and chromoly push rods. It's all good to go now. Thanks...
  7. MINI-BIKE-BASHER

Thank you for the info. That is the same way I was taught to set the valve lash. Set the lash,turn the motor a few times, and recheck. My lash did open up slightly when warm,but no enough to worry about. I am going to get new springs and do the cam as well. Hopefully the valve float is the issue...
  8. MINI-BIKE-BASHER

Perfect. Thank you for the information. I may upgrade to stainless pushrods,but not at this time. I generally limit my rpms so that I don't do internal damage so they will be tame for the most part. I will go with the 22lb and see what happens. Thank you again.
  9. MINI-BIKE-BASHER

You the man! I appreciate ya! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I will just grab the cam and Chuck it in since its not much money and I would rather not have to worry about my engine and stuff breaking. Should I just go right to the 26lb springs instead of like a 22lb?
  10. MINI-BIKE-BASHER

One more thing. Should I do the cam since I did the rod and fly wheel? I'm just a guy who likes to have fun. I don't race,but I love power.
  11. MINI-BIKE-BASHER

I just rechecked valve lash and pulled the intake and fired it up. Backfiring out of the carb. I guess it's time for some better springs. I hate being misinformed about something and having it bite me in the ass. I will let you guys know what happens. OldMiniBikes is right down the street. Thank you.
  12. MINI-BIKE-BASHER

Stock cam. I wasnt planning on modifying that.
  13. MINI-BIKE-BASHER

It was .003 on exhaust and .004 on intake.