Recent content by MXMatt

1. MXMatt

My 6.5hp Conversion Questions

I don't have a tach. His no longer surges and mine does. He weighs 30 lbs more then I do.
  2. MXMatt

So I have practically removed the throttle screw from my 6.5 in order to get maximum speed out of the motor without serious modifications. I'm bummed because my buddy's stock 6.5 is running about 1 MPH faster than mine. Just can't have this guys! Any suggestions? I'm still getting the surge...
  3. MXMatt

Yahoo Baja group info

I just unsubscribed from the group. Not because I didn't like it, but because it appeared to be more for guys who are into the larger Baja Mini/Heat bikes. I'm a straight DB30 guy. :thumbsup:
  4. MXMatt

future DB30 mods on stock engine?

Hey no offense, but my "One In a Million" motor has yours beat. I backed off the throttle screw and this is my Baja Blitz doing 33 MPH on a GPS. I tested it six ways to Sunday and it IS accurate. Look at each picture at the bottom where it says top speed. It was difficult to take a screen...
  5. MXMatt

No problem. Thanks anyway.
  6. MXMatt

Thanks Strigoi, I'll drain it in the AM and head on over to get some dyno. Any response on the double kill switch? Have you heard of this being done before?
  7. MXMatt

Sorry for the double post. Question: Has anyone made a double kill switch on their 6.5? I know it sounds strange, but I got to thinking about this. I ride my mini up to the supermarket a half mile from my house regularly. I leave it out front unlocked (I know, I know). Anyway, for the sake...
  8. MXMatt

DB-30 6.5hp engine kit parts

Ya what he said. My buddy and I just got kits from ctjmini within two days of ordering and they are exactly as advertised. BUY THE KIT!!!!:thumbsup:
  9. MXMatt

cjtmini, Jeff and I got our kits on Saturday! Can't tell you how excited we were to get working on our bikes. It was like a race to see who could pull the cord and twist the thottle first. Thanks for getting it here quick! As a semi-conclusion to my "hard on" to get this thing done, let me...
  10. MXMatt

Open Message of Thanks

I couldn't agree more with the content of Seekers post. My experience parallels his only I bumped into my first mini at a Checker in March 2009. My family has four of these now. :thumbsup:
  11. MXMatt

ctjmini, You may not know this, but I already ordered the plate and bolts via my buddy Jeff. Not sure if he mentioned that he was ordering for both of us. I am certain that your stuff is the real deal and I am waiting on baited breath for the delivery guy to show up with the package. LOL...
  12. MXMatt

You are right. For me it was never about not knowing the kit was a good idea, it was about wanting that thing done last weekend. Glad I waited!
  13. MXMatt

Allen, Thanks for this description. I got about 1/3 of the way into what you are describing but just didnt feel the confidence to continue and having never seen a converted bike in person, I didn't want to chance it. I am certain that your description will be helpful to others on here who are...
  14. MXMatt

Strigoi and Altered, Thanks again for answers and advice. I've decided to wait and purchase the plate. Altered, I'm pretty sure that I can do it, but the time, tools and stress involved just isn't worth it. However, thanks for taking the time to elaborate on how you did it. Also, thanks to...
  15. MXMatt

That is what I want to believe. However, I want to get it right and not ruin a chain, clutch or motor. Do you speak from experience? Have you done this yourself? If so, any information you could pass along?