Recent content by NJOHC

1. N

Comet 40 series torque converter

It would have worked fine for anything. It was going on a go kart. It is sold
  2. N

Robin Subaru Ex27

Still Available
  3. N

Robin Subaru Ex27

Yea I was always interested in that too because it always felt like it made more power in those rpm's.When I bought the header i asked them if they could send me the dyno graph of the power it made. They told me this was for the ex17 model. #1 was obviously baseline and #3 was the final result...
  4. N

Robin Subaru Ex27

Thanks. And you wont be dissapointed with the ex21. I found the exhaust from roberston torque tubes really helped it. They have really nice torque but against all my friends with lighter karts (and themselves being lighter than me) it really comes into its own right at about 4300 rpm.
  5. N

Robin Subaru Ex27

Hey guys, Im selling my robin subaru ex27 engine. Its brand new. I bought it back in October and started it up once for about 15 mins just to get some oil and gas flowing through it. It's never been on a kart or bike. It was in my room until May and since May it has been in the garage. I have...
  6. N

Still up for sale if anyone else is interested.
  7. N

Still available
  8. N

My friends had been using them with 9hp honda's on their baja mini bikes, so I bought a subaru ex27 and this torque converter for my go kart. I didnt know there was a difference, but yes it was bought to go on a go kart.
  9. N

The driven unit is a 3/4in bore and I also forgot to add this doesnt include the belt. I never got around to buying the belt before the project fell apart.
  10. N

Im thinking of selling my 40 series torque converter. I bought it brand new back in october for 225$ and it's been sitting in my room ever since. It has never been used. Im selling it for the same amount of money I bought it for and no lower. Im trying to buy a car so I cant be losing any money...
  11. N

Robin Subaru milling question

65ShelbyClone, Are you on the Mach1Registry? I feel like I've seen that name somewhere else lol And yes, they have 9:1 compression ratio.
  12. N

Subaru Cam!!

Yup, they only have 1 lol. There's only one person I know of that makes a cam for them other than using the cam that's in their kx21 karting motor. Do you have any pics? I havent opened any of mine up yet.
  13. N

How did you come up with your OldMiniBikes call name?

Im from Jersey and I have an overhead cam motor on my kart (Scoobie). I got it 3 years ago when you didnt really see as many people using them. So I just shortened that and got NJOHC lol
  14. N

please help with manco dingo specs

If I remember right the length from the back of the seat to the pedals is 3ft. Im 5'9 and fit but I like to feel a little tight. It fits down all the quad trails and it holds up to a lot of abuse. The only thing that needs a little reinforcement is the front plate where the roll cage and frame...
  15. N

Subaru, Honda or clone?

Yup I give you that. There are cams out there, and everything from the kx21 is directly interchangeable with the ex. Theres a lot more stuff out there for the Ex27 though since the trophy kart guys are getting around 14hp with just bolt ons. We would have thrown more timing into mine if my...