Recent content by old biker

1. old biker

Selling all my minis Chris cycle bonanzas and boonie bike

The Chris cycle is gone. Have fun Robert.
  2. old biker

Selling all my minis Chris cycle bonanzas and boonie bike

The bikes are near reno Nevada but I could bring them anywhere from here to the San Francisco Bay Area. The first is my rare Chris cycle. The original engine is frozen and I had been soaking it. The headlight and tailight are there. I started taking things apart on the engine and all parts are...
  3. old biker

gas cap gaskets

Thanks guys I was thinking cork gasket too. I might give it a try. Mine have the plastic disc piece but there isnt much left in one and the other is gone so I dont know. spilling gas like crazy.
  4. old biker

gas cap gaskets

Does anyone know where to find the replacement gaskets for the fuel caps on the 1960s - 70s briggs motors. Or can you use newer caps?
  5. old biker

WTB Briggs 3 and 5 hp engines

I come down to the bay every few weeks for doc appointments. Long story but if you need something picked up from here to there I will grab it. Family is in San Mateo
  6. old biker

bonanza and boonie

I am looking for a set of bonanza forks like bc1100. Also someone cut off the throttle side on another pair I have and welded a 7/8 back to it for the throttle. Also looking for the mount for a jackshaft on a boonie bike. Or dimensions. I have the outer sprocket and spring for the boonie I would...
  7. old biker

WTB Briggs 3 and 5 hp engines

Oh so your the guy scooping all those motors up in northern California on the c list hah ha ha. Where abouts are you located? I am up near Redding. I actually might have a 3 horse runner. I havent checked it out yet. Its on an old generator my neighbor had in his basement. Doesnt look like it...
  8. old biker

Strange vintage .... Goodyear frame, home built??

Check it out. 1951 goodyear bike made by columbia for goodyear tires. You can see where the tank mount on yours was cut off. Also the lower rear frame section matches with your bike. whats left of the paint scheme on yours looks the same too.
  9. old biker

what the heck is this?

Now I need to find a manual for the carb. Someone already had it taken apart. The parts are in a bag. Its a delorto me16bs
  10. old biker

what the heck is this?

If i can get it running it would be. I am not sure where to find motor gaskets, lol or anything else for this thing.
  11. old biker

bonanza rear wheel issue

Yes that is just like mine. So what year would that make it?
  12. old biker

what the heck is this?

Finally picked the bike up. Your right. 7 inch wheels with pirelli tires. Kinda cool the way the motor has an alloy shroud and it is cooled with a fan. everything is locked up including the motor. The intake and carb were off it and I see some rust down the intake hole. There isnt an ignition...
  13. old biker

bonanza rear wheel issue

Well I can just flip the wheel around but there is a welded tab on the bottom of the swing arm for the brake cable. I was thinking of cutting that off and re welding to the other side if possible. I just really didnt want to weld on the thing.
  14. old biker

bonanza rear wheel issue

got pics now they arent the best but here goes
  15. old biker

"Nickle Starting" Your Mini Bike

I read your post and laughed so hard. An old guy at a lawn mower shop showed us how to start with a nickle when he got tired of us kids bugging him daily to fix our broke pull cords and offer to clean up the shop since we didnt have money to pay for his labor. I remember leaving for a ride and...