Recent content by tecumseh power

1. tecumseh power

Blown-up 6.5HP OHV Block

Thanks - that's perfect! PM sent.
  2. tecumseh power

Blown-up 6.5HP OHV Block

Thank you! PM me what I owe you shipping.
  3. tecumseh power

Blown-up 6.5HP OHV Block

I'd be interested in the shroud and coil if you'd be willing to pull it off.
  4. tecumseh power

When to Upgrade Valve Springs?

I deleted some of those PM's, Brian. It kinda snuck up on me - I didn't release I had that many!
  5. tecumseh power

Your cams likely have the compression release in the form of a small hump ground into the lobe that makes the exhaust valve bounce open on backside of the cam (180 degrees from the peak of the lobe). They didn't have a mechanical lever style like newer engines on any HS50 I've ever seen.
  6. tecumseh power

Or...You could spend on a $60 on a 245 cam, use a stock OHH or billet rod, and some 18# springs, and you'll have a very stout little HS50. I'd say the OHH is safe to 5k, but I've pushed them harder than that, and I've never broken one. An OHH cam will make power up to 5K also, just make...
  7. tecumseh power

!!bungholio!!

The uglychicken on eBay has a few left. There probably aren't many left out there. I don't see anybody selling the 255's anymore. https://m.ebay.com/itm/tecumseh-dyno-cams-245/152477351421?hash=item23805bbdfd:g:TQcAAOSwOyJX6slF
  8. tecumseh power

!!bungholio!!

I reached out to Jeff when I started my 356 build (since it is kind of an OHH Bungholio so to speak) but he never responded. He posted some back last year, and logged into this site last month, so he's still around - just not posting much. Life has a way of getting in the way of hobbies...
  9. tecumseh power

100th anniversary chrome Tecumseh

I gotcha. Lauson was founded in 1895, so I guess the engine in question would be a 1995 model?
  10. tecumseh power

100th anniversary chrome Tecumseh

Tecumseh wasn't in business a 100 years were they?
  11. tecumseh power

HS-50 Issue -Help

I don't know about the newer HS50's, but on the OHH engines the crank journals are 1" on the bushing and bearing engines. The only difference in the cranks is the snap ring groove. The snap ring groove is dead center of of the journal. The crank OD is .998" and the snap ring groove OD is .938"...
  12. tecumseh power

Block Machine Work

Advancing the timing with that cam should give you more power even in the mid range. I would definitely try it. My 245 cammed engine has power everywhere at 30 degrees. I do run premium fuel in it, but it's an OHH 195cc engine with a 172cc head shaved .040", so it has a lot of compression.
  13. tecumseh power

Tecumseh hs motor dimensions

Yes, they are the same size dimensionally, but the intake and exhaust ports are swapped.
  14. tecumseh power

HS-50 Issue -Help

Man you could have ordered 2 (or 3) new carbs for that partial kit. The OHH carbs are crap most of time. They ran OK when new, but when the engine and carb wore or any mods were done, they are usually pretty terrible and there's no way to adjust them. You might have some success soaking...
  15. tecumseh power

HS50 help wanted

You can use stock valves with 18# springs, although stainless valves would obviously be better. The bad thing about Tecumsehs is that you pretty much have to modify Briggs .250" stem aftermarket valves to our engines, since nobody makes off the shelf ready to run valves. Being a flathead...