Recent content by The Man In Black

1. The Man In Black

Midwest 608 mini bike will host Drags at Symco Grounds Augs 13 2016.

Thanks x-90! That's where I'm hung up. The link you shared is for the symco show at the eaa in Oshkosh (used to be at symco, moved, but still called symco.) This thread is about the event in symco by manawa (if I understand correctly ) where they also have the thresheree . That's where the clay...
  2. The Man In Black

Midwest 608 mini bike will host Drags at Symco Grounds Augs 13 2016.

Awesome! Really want to race this year.Glad to see its expanding. Could someone clarify what is happening with shakedown at the eaa? Is all the minibike stuff at the symco grounds? Are they totally different shows now? Both period correct car shows?
  3. The Man In Black

Symco shakedown drags 2015

I think it's a great idea! It's not like we take up a ton of room. I'd like an area where we could chain our bikes to a fence/tree/pole. It would be a good way for us all to meet as well. Once the parade is done everyone scatters for their camp sites. I'm sure people would like to see the work...
  4. The Man In Black

Symco shakedown drags 2015

Ha! That's me looking at the bike with Tom and the other guy is my brother. We had a really good time. Tom is a super nice guy! Briggster, I saw your bike there. Nice job! I was very impressed.
  5. The Man In Black

custom keystone project

I figured the valves would float before it would have a chance to gernade. I will be careful with the revs, though. Thank you!
  6. The Man In Black

How Much are you Milling your heads?

Wow! I can't believe it was only out a thou! It took me a while to tap it around to get it that true. I'll have to try that out after the guy that runs the lathe leaves for the night.
  7. The Man In Black

How Much are you Milling your heads?

I took off .030 and it seems to run much better. Unleashed some torque. I used a bridgeport mill and power feed. The cutter was a 1/2 inch carbide endmill. It left some swirls, but they were easy to stone off.
  8. The Man In Black

custom keystone project

Nice picture of my brother on my Rupp and my keystone on the old bridge at Symco to go along with the story!
  9. The Man In Black

custom keystone project

I have the original copper air cleaner, but I wanted something unique. I had this kicking around the shop. The hole was way too big and would have hit the block so I made an adaptor. I milled a hole in a 1.5 inch diameter piece of aluminum bar stock and drilled and tapped two holes to...
  10. The Man In Black

custom keystone project

You can see the finished head in the pile with all the other goodies. The flywheel is an aluminum model from a vertical shaft 3hp mower. I powder blasted it at work and it looked great! I installed that with a .060 advance key Replaced the points ignition with a magnetron solid state...
  11. The Man In Black

custom keystone project

So, last post was about an adventure last summer. Let's get up to speed with the changes over winter. The engine ran perfectly...so I tore it down to get more horses out. :grind: I just started an apprenticeship as a tool maker, so I have access to a bridgeport to shave the head. That's...
  12. The Man In Black

custom keystone project

It's been a while since my last post! Bought a new clutch and installed it. Took it to Symco Shakedown with out riding it much. Unloaded my rupp and keystone after I set up the camp site. After driving the Rupp around to scope out some of the other camper's bikes, I began to troubleshoot the...
  13. The Man In Black

2014 Symco Shakedown

Who saw my brother do a huge wheelie on my Rupp? Holy cow!
  14. The Man In Black

custom keystone project

Took my first ride! Briggs started right up. Hit the gas, but took off very slowly. Not very torquey feeling. Breaks were good and the bike tracked well. No wobble. So just got to figure out the clutch. It was one I found in the barn by my parents house from when I was a kid. I could stand...
  15. The Man In Black

2014 Symco Shakedown

Tom How strict are they about riding around the grounds? Am I right in assuming they don't like us riding in the show area? How about the swap area? I know the camp area is fine.:scooter: