Recent content by Thepaetsguy

1. Thepaetsguy

Smog pump supercharger

I need three clamps and to gaft on a fuel tank. If the weather improves I’ll try to start it today.
  2. Thepaetsguy

Another Chop Mod Ramrod - Beginnings

If you try to mount ANY Briggs tank carburetor that came from an engine smaller then 5hp then you would have to cut and modify the bottom of the tank mount. I have no small Briggs tanks but I do have a yellow lauson tank. I’ll get some pictures in the AM for you. I hear AMAZING things about...
  3. Thepaetsguy

Smog pump supercharger

With fear of the pump full of gas and air along with my new found fear of the starter clutch backing off I am moving forward.. Hope this isn’t the makings of Chernobyl
  4. Thepaetsguy

Smog pump supercharger

I do fear the pump exploding during a backfire. I’m gonna lay an old jeep crossmember up against the pump side for the first few times I try to start it. But then again the ride on mower backfires every so often and that Intake is made of plastic..
  5. Thepaetsguy

Having carb issues with HS 50 mini bike I just bought.

I have seen first hand the manifold flange itself warped so bad it started to form a u shape. Never sealed and wasn’t caught for weeks..
  6. Thepaetsguy

Smog pump supercharger

I have a few small changes to make everything seemless but I’m slowly working towards actually testing this edit: I will grab a can of paint and do the arm and intake to make it look more kit-like
  7. Thepaetsguy

Smog pump supercharger

First test run went flawless
  8. Thepaetsguy

Smog pump supercharger

Sub $50 test mule and I don’t care if it blows up.. The best thing about cheapo’s
  9. Thepaetsguy

If this second carburetor you just ordered gives you problems you have spent $24 + shipping and have 3 cheap ones that don’t work. Now add that total up to $36+ if you purchase a 3rd cheap one.. And if that third cheap one doesn’t work THEN you pay up for an OEM If the OEM one is $40 +...
  10. Thepaetsguy

The $12 replacement carburetors are just horrible.. My original H30 carburetor had a hole rotted in the float and float bowl. After three un-tunable replacements I took the float and bowl from an 8hp tecumseh carburetor and it fit the stock 3hp carb perfect. Runs very well also.
  11. Thepaetsguy

Smog pump supercharger

In other country’s gear pumps are used for boost. This thread is my test with a smog pump but also a catchall for nearly ANYTHING I find Interesting in the homebrew boost category. They are also straight through configuration. So like a real supercharger in one end out the other.
  12. Thepaetsguy

Smog pump supercharger

He has a 40 part series on that Barbie Jeep but the only videos I’m interested in in the moment is the ones where he is running boost. The video before that one shows he welded and extended the camshaft to drive the amr300 the camshaft spins at half the rpm so he needed a big pulley. Amr come...
  13. Thepaetsguy

Smog pump supercharger

16:50 minute mark and a couple seconds after the throttle sticks wide open. It is draw through
  14. Thepaetsguy

Smog pump supercharger

Grind hard plumbing ran 10psi from an amr300 and the very second he hit the throttle boost stuck the slide carb at wide open... I am now working on a tilly HR intake for the pump. Heck I don’t know what to do about that at the moment honestly... We all know that slide carbs have the spring in...
  15. Thepaetsguy

Smog pump supercharger