Recent content by Zlash

1. Zlash

Doodlebug chain popping off

Got an update, all good news. New bearings came in a few days ago, slapped them in, and all went well. Chain doesn't pop, bike rolls way smoother, brakes work way better, and got a few more MPH. Think my next endeavor will be a smaller sprocket for more speed. Thanks everyone.
  2. Zlash

As of yet, no. I'm kinda holding off for now because I cant be totally sure the stock one is done. Sad part is, the new chain only misses by I'd say like, 3 inches. I cant bring myself to spend another $25 ($50 total for both chains) on 3 inches of chain without technically needing it.
  3. Zlash

So another update for today. Quite a lot was found out so, here we go. Chain came in today, but was too short even with the motor pushed all the way back. As a last ditch effort to use the stock chain I took it off and cleaned it for a good few hours, making sure to unsieze any links...
  4. Zlash

I heard a lot of people saying the stock tensioner isn't very good, so I may look into building something up if a new chain doesn't help. A few days ago I ordered the 120 link RLV chain and when that comes in I'll give an update of wether or not that fixed it. Should be here Monday.
  5. Zlash

Unfortunately is was the only way I was able to do it. I moved recently and had to leave all sorts of equipment behind because I just can't move it right now. I tried heating it and hitting it with a hammer (only tools I had at the time) but it didn't budge one bit. So I went to harbor freight...
  6. Zlash

Awesome. I knew it had to be one or the other. That's the exact chain I was looking at too. Now just 2 more questions. First is, should I spring for the one you linked, or the 120 link version? Will that be long enough? If I remember correctly the stock chain is 140, and I did take some links...
  7. Zlash

Thanks Six. Been browsing here and a few other sites for a few weeks just never had a reason for an account until now. :laugh: As for the frame being broken or cracked, the only thing I can tell is, when I put the Predator in I did cut the rear fender bracket off at the top and partially on one...
  8. Zlash

Recently I switched my stock DB30 (new style) to the Predator 6.5 HP and all went surprisingly well for a first time swap, started first pull, and ran no issues. I got to put some hours on it, probably anywhere from 6-8. But now I'm having this problem where the chain just wont stay on. I threw...