Streaker Pace Setter

Been working on this for a customer. Fought it for 3-4 days. Run but only on choke. Checked all the obvious, everything was fine. Come to find out the intake spacer plate has to be warped. Changed it from a running engine and everything works fine. Anyone know what year by chance?

Attachments

minibikefever

Been working on this for a customer. Fought it for 3-4 days. Run but only on choke. Checked all the obvious, everything was fine. Come to find out the intake spacer plate has to be warped. Changed it from a running engine and everything works fine. Anyone know what year by chance?
I picked up one today, my first cart project maybe, I have some extra crap to to remove that was welded on-upper side rails and the motor mount. Heavy frames, will watch your post and see if I can pick up some knowledge hopefully???

Attachments

Harquebus

Nearly every Ken-Bar go kart says "Streaker" on the floor pan and "High Performance Pace Setter" on the sticker. The latter is just their slogan ("we're the best and setting the pace") more or less. Yours is a SC-7 (B version).

Both the OP and the hijacker's kart (SD-9) are from the late 90s early 2000s. Original engines were Briggs and Tecumsehs and the karts could be dated to within a month or so of the engine's manufacture date..but that's no help here.

Both of these go karts have their ID tags intact, a rarity, and we have photos too no less. It helps other people identify what they have. Sadly stickers were all they ever had and not some riveted-on metal tag or similar.

Most Ken Bars used torque converters.

Thepaetsguy

I have two streakers I built the one in the first picture. Then I found another one and made an exact copy of the first one. They have heavy Ackerman steering from the factory so unlike the manco’s of the same time period your kenbar with heavy Ackerman will steer amazingly even with a live axle! 42C89F7E-7E23-4384-94BD-F8B53D5310F4.jpeg 34F26168-2FB0-42A7-BA56-86EBCBF828BA.jpeg 6140D751-21F2-4D0B-9F7D-1D041B3CAC82.png