Rose Rambler project

GEFFW

20240116_181510.jpg Making pretty good progress on my buddies Rose Rambler. I helped him make a new frame for it a week or so ago and straighten up the front forks. Someone used the crap out of this thing back in the day because it was just shot. The front springs were completely calapsed and broken. The frame had been broken and brazed so many times it was crazy and it was practically built out of conduit. Lol, at least I used water pipe! I build the exhaust for it today out off an old one I had lying around someone had given me. Got the jack shaft and brake figured out yesterday. It'll be cool to see this thing back going again. It has to be pretty rare.

Attachments

GEFFW

Please tell us about that air box? Fiberglass?
Sparkwizard, So that is the original one off of a harbor freight predator motor that he is cutting down to clear the bed, won't be able to tell once its done. He's melted it back together and melted some fine screen into it for strength. Lol, he's more patient and particular than me so I know he'll have it all finished off like it was factory!

Attachments

I saw a small block Chevy valve cover, cut down, shortened and epoxied together to fit over a stock Predator air box. Black wrinkle with raised fins. It was impressive, but useless.

GEFFW

I saw a small block Chevy valve cover, cut down, shortened and epoxied together to fit over a stock Predator air box. Black wrinkle with raised fins. It was impressive, but useless.
Lol, at the least it was a waist of a good sbc valve cover! My motor is an older one that actually has a little oval element so I think I might just make a top flat finned cover for it just to see if I can do it. Lol, I like learning things, even if it's that I can't do something.

Attachments

GEFFW

Ya, basically along those lines. I'm thinking oval with maybe a circle in the middle with the hole for the wing nut. It would be purely for looks. I'll draw something up, I'm thinking I can 3D print it and make a sand casting. Lol, this stuff always works in my mind but making it a reality can be a different story!
Okay, this is what I'm thinking

Attachments