Craigslist, Free Chain Waxer. Not Mine

I've seen a few videos on it. Thought about doing it myself. Mostly it was bicycle chains. Guy recommended getting a small cheapo crock pot.
Clean chain, melt enough wax to cover the chain swish it around hang on a nail to let excess drip into pot, wipe it down and then loosen up the links to flake excess wax. Supposed to last a while but that was on a bicycle.
Also added some powdered teflon to give some slickness. Reuse wax until it gets nasty.

Augiedoggie

I've seen a few videos on it. Thought about doing it myself. Mostly it was bicycle chains. Guy recommended getting a small cheapo crock pot.
Clean chain, melt enough wax to cover the chain swish it around hang on a nail to let excess drip into pot, wipe it down and then loosen up the links to flake excess wax. Supposed to last a while but that was on a bicycle.
Also added some powdered teflon to give some slickness. Reuse wax until it gets nasty.
Yup. Old timers used wax,soap or heavy grease warmed up in pot and chain would be submerged in the molten goo and hung up to drip dry. We hung them up in the barn and the varmints would eat the drippings off the dirt floor. Mice would crawl down wire to lick excess off chain.

SAS289

Tried this once for the hell of it. All I did was throw wax into hot oil and melt it down. Works ok but is not worth the extra time. Better off just cleaning the chain and spraying it with your chosen lube.