My recent Baja Warrior Redo

DaddyJohn

I got this thing cheap, missing the back axle and adjusters, engine, rear fender, etc. I added a garbage night free pressure washer engine combined with Chinese TAV (raised engine 1/4” and re-angled the muffler), braced the frame neck and made some sheet metal panels to fill in the space. I added a Mega Moto rear axle and adjusters (cut tabs off frame that old adjusters used), made new rear wheel spacers, new wheel bearings, new seat, expensive tires, and welded an old motorcycle luggage rack to the rear (it mounts a motorcycle cargo bag pretty nicely). I painted it with military vehicle restoration paint and added the Warhawk decals. I cut down the original front fender and have a plastic MB212 rear coming that I should be able to mod to fit. Footpegs are rears from an old Yamaha, complete with retro tuning fork design. Retro trail grips, some eBay fork boots (not pictured), and whiskey cork tube filler caps round it out.

Attachments

I got this thing cheap, missing the back axle and adjusters, engine, rear fender, etc. I added a garbage night free pressure washer engine combined with Chinese TAV (raised engine 1/4” and re-angled the muffler), braced the frame neck and made some sheet metal panels to fill in the space. I added a Mega Moto rear axle and adjusters (cut tabs off frame that old adjusters used), new seat, expensive tires, and welded an old motorcycle luggage rack to the rear (it mounts a motorcycle cargo bag pretty nicely). I painted it with military vehicle restoration paint and added the Warhawk decals. I cut down the original front fender and have a plastic MB212 rear coming that I should be able to mod to fit. Footpegs are rears from an old Yamaha, complete with retro tuning fork design. Retro trail grips, some eBay fork boots (not pictured), and whiskey cork tube filler caps round it out.
Love the sharks mouth

DaddyJohn

Very nice work!
Is that the correct seat? Looks comfy.
It’s supposed to be the right seat, but don’t think any of them fit properly. I raised the front mount up about 1.25” with a piece of square stock, then welded metal supports under each of the rubber bumpers on the seat bottom. Usually, they just hang in space, leaving the seat unsupported and causing the plastic seat base to crack.

DaddyJohn

Hey great garbage find, too! And nice work on the muffler. I'm still looking and really liking the overall character and how clean you kept everything, too. Love the whiskey cork. Great-looking bike.
Thanks you guys, I really appreciate it (coming from a bunch of aficionados such as yourselves). :D