WANTED Vintage 60s V-Plex Clutch Assembl

Hi all!
New to this site... Looking for anybody out there with a very vintage (1960s?) V-Plex (Hagerstown, Ind) variable drive clutch assembly (aka torque converter) for a mini-bike that they may be willing to sell? I’m trying to follow plans from an old Popular Mechanics magazine article (June, 1967 -- “Build Yourself a Minibike”). The engine being used is a Clinton A-500 2 3/4” HP 2-cycle engine with a 5/8” shaft. I presently have a Comet TC-88 torque converter as a back-up if all else fails, but trying to keep everything as “period-correct” and close to the original plans if at all possible. Thanks in advance for any advice / responses.
Regards,
rascal57

Hi JT!
The plans only call for a V-Plex Clutch assembly, part No. 66-535. Doesn't say much more but states that this set up will give a low gear ratio of 8.5 to 1 and a high gear ratio of 4.3 to 1. As I mentioned above, the engine is a Clinton A-500 with a 5/8" drive shaft. Also the plans I'm going from are from June 1967 so that would give you a general time frame/age for the variable drive assembly. Thanks, let me know what you got, and I really appreciate you getting back to me!
regards,
rascal57

Hi JT!
The plans only call for a V-Plex Clutch assembly, part No. 66-535. Doesn't say much more but states that this set up will give a low gear ratio of 8.5 to 1 and a high gear ratio of 4.3 to 1. As I mentioned above, the engine is a Clinton A-500 with a 5/8" drive shaft. Also the plans I'm going from are from June 1967 so that would give you a general time frame/age for the variable drive assembly. Thanks, let me know what you got, and I really appreciate you getting back to me!
regards,
rascal57
Ok
Well let me see if what i have is for a 5/8 shaft and I'll let you know

Much appreciated, Johnny T! I'm not too familiar with the history of the variable drive industry for bikes and karts but I guess Comet eventually won over the market from V-Plex back in the 60s? In any case, let me know if you come up with anything (preferably V-Plex) for a 5/8" shaft. Thanks, again.
rascal57