Search results

1. D

DB30 Engine Swap

buuy it... just the plate at least because i spent half the money on drill bits and didnt slot the motor and now running into adjustment problems. is slotting really that hard? i wouldnt think so but i dont have the tools and dont thinks its going to be cheaper than buying the conversion plate.
  2. D

Doodle bug engine swap

hey glad to see me post is still alive. well just recently i have run into minor problems with my db30. i am just going to quit messing with the engine mount and get one from cjtmini. I originally attempted to drill the motor down with four hole but i have had to many problems trying to adjust...
  3. D

Finished My DB!

thanks for the pic. so you had to bend the pipe out a little so it would clear the back of the frame, is this correct? what if i just cut the pipe a little shorter would that work? i see you have that silencer, does the bike get loud with this exhaust.
  4. D

Finished My DB!

did you make that exhaust yourself? what kind of connector is that, an exhaust connector? i want to buy the basic 1 stage pipe from agk but thinking there will be clearence issues
  5. D

Doodle bug engine swap

well i just added some more oil and it is running good. i guess since i checked the oil level before ever started the engine, and when i checked it after it was shutting off it was a bit low. so the shut off definately works, but annoying cuz i just added a little bit and it was working fine. i...
  6. D

Doodle bug engine swap

now the rain finally gone so i test ride the 6.5 today, and the engine shutoff on me twice in 5 min. why is this happening? low oil shut off? this can be the only reason i can think of. the motor would start to sputterthen when i let off the throttle and then the motor shut off, then took a few...
  7. D

Doodle bug engine swap

yes i agree strigoi. i can feel that governor holding the engine back. i have never been one satisified with stock, well besides the r1, thats just fast enough. i will be doing a throttle setup like the last pic baja blitz sent me. i want that air filter also, the stock one is rediculous i know...
  8. D

Doodle bug engine swap

it was going about 25mph .although there was a significant amount of low end pickup compared to the 2.8 engine. just would have imagined there would be a higher top end than the 2.8. no real difference in the top speed of the 2.8 vs. the 6.5. sure does have more torque tho
  9. D

Doodle bug engine swap

well i went to every hardware store i could think ofbesides lowes. but i found some place that fixed the chain for free. so i finally got the bike up and running today. i did some throttle adjustments and she running nicely. although i was diappointed with the speed. i want to go faster! so im...
  10. mb3

mb3

11. D

Doodle bug engine swap

i cant find a tool to pop the rivets on the chain. i went to 5 stores today and nobody has it. is there a DIY for pushing the rivets thru with standard tools.
  12. D

Doodle bug engine swap

[/url][/IMG] alright this is my problem. i havnt shortened the chain yet but i plan to do this tomorrow. would this be the problem why the clutch isnt engaging, because there isnt enough tension. when i start the bike the silver part of the clutch and the shaft stay spinning. when i revthe...
  13. MB12

MB12

14. D

Doodle bug engine swap

i got a max torque clutch. when i start the motor the shaft is spinning because the bolt that i put to hold the clutch on is spinning, and the outside of the clutch is spinning but im not getting any chain movement. like the clutch isnt engaging the sprocket. like i said it worked the first time...
  15. D

Doodle bug engine swap

thanks a lot for the photos i just got it hooked up with some parts lying aroung the garage. so now i got another problem. the clutch i have is not engaging, i put it on with the sprocket on the inside. the shaft is spinning but i am not getting any movement. i got the key in and a screw to hold...
  16. D

Doodle bug engine swap

how do i keep the throttle shut. cjtmini i saw your page where you show the procedure but i dont understand what moves the throttle. i will buy your throttle hook up if nobody has any suggestions. i just imagine if i got this far i can finish it. any suggestions will really help.
  17. D

Doodle bug engine swap

i got a head ache. everything went smoothly till i got to the throttle hookup. im almost done just cant figure out this throttle. i need pictures. ive been to plenty of posts but none of them explain it thoroughly. does anyone have an easy method. it cant be rocket science, but i cant figure it...
  18. D

Doodle bug engine swap

i just picked up my hf 6.5 and will be putting this on today. i got a commet clutch from the lawn store down the street. any suggestions before i put on the new motor. cjt never responded to my email so i will attempt this myself. if things dont work out then i will try to recontact him...
  19. D

Doodle bug engine swap

I JSUT GOT MY DOODLE BUG AND JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER ADULT THERE ISNT ENOUGH POWER WITH THE STOCK ENGINE TO PULL ME. SO I WILL BE BUYING THE 6.5 HP MOTOR FROM HARBOUR FREIGHT OR THE ONE I SEEN ON EBAY. I BELEIVE I WILL NEED THE 3/4 CLUTCH. RIGHT? I WAS GOING TO BUUY THIS ONE OFF EBAY...
  20. D

6.5 hp conversion plate for db30

I am in search for a conversion plate for the db30. I plan to buy a 6.5 hp engine off of ebay, unless someone has the whole deal already. You can email me at d.denis_1000@yahoo.com if you have any of these parts