Search results

1. T

DB Newbie Here!

Oil the clutch and the ringing should go away. tardman
  2. T

Bigger tires on Doodlebug?? Please help!

I know you will see the difference, especially on wet grass. The stock tire doesn't seem to have any side grip. I have had Snow Hogs on for about 4 years now and have never slipped on a corner since I put them on. tardman
  3. T

Kickstand troubles...

I guess a kickstand is OK if you only ride on streets. I live in the country and never touch blacktop. The first time I hit a rock hidden in the grass I came to the most abrupt stop you can imagine. Threw me off like I was a lightweight. Went home and cut it off. Since then I have hit...
  4. T

Doodle Devil T.C. with 7" Driven

Could the wheel wobble be bad bearings?
  5. T

Baja Warrior still available?

I would not worry about my butox being too big. I have read too many posts by members that weigh 300# plus in the last five years. They ride the little DB30 with no problems. Just have some fun. " It ain't easy bein' tardman." :smile:
  6. T

Happy and sad

I know we all have a bunch invested in parts and labor, but, it's not likely anyone will offer what is a fair price for these little DBs. I have somewhere between $850-$950 in parts and to look at it you would never think so.
  7. T

Happy Thanksgiving

A wish of a Happy Thanksgiving to all of you minibikers out there. Be safe in your travels over the river and through the woods to whomever you chose to spend this holiday with. tardman :smile:
  8. T

sick of the doodlebug foot pegs...

That is the reason I removed my kick stand and cut off the mount on mine.
  9. T

sick of the doodlebug foot pegs...

I agree with Cam. I have always considered these folding pegs a superior component of the DB30. I have hit them many times on rocks, real solidly anchored rocks and am very grateful they fold. I don't like how my foot gets jerked around when I hit a hidden object with them, but I prefer it to...
  10. T

New Guy from SE PA

Welcome, Chris I am very happy with Brad's parts at Hot Rod Minibike. He is also a great guy and very helpful. Have fun, tardman
  11. T

db question...

Izzyizz, I hit a rock with mine when I first got it doing about 10 mph. Stopped like running into a wall. Threw me over the handlebars. I cut mine off about an hour later. I have not found a need for one since.:doah:
  12. T

First Mini bike, out of three projects... DoodleBug

I'm glad you boys are thinking about safety. I wouldn't want you to wind up like me. It ain't easy being tardman. :confused:
  13. T

ETB75's DB

I think you should drill holes or cut a slot in the front to help with overheating. Clutches get real hot.
  14. T

Crunching sounds from tensioner?

I concur with the bearing theory.:smile:
  15. T

Premature Engine Failure

I wish I could get 4 hours out of it. That was many moons ago. :laugh:
  16. T

Premature Engine Failure

I am interested in knowing how long you fellow mini bikers feel these mini motors should last. Kind of a general idea for a non modified motor. This could be relayed in terms of; hours,miles,or years of use. Whichever you choose to use. I am just curious as to what would be considered...
  17. T

sprocket help please

Ya know my DB is a 2009 or that is when I bought it. Anyway, it has a 70 tooth rear sprocket. I'm sure the only way to dink around with the rear gear is to buy the split set up because the Baja outfit don't offer any after market choices. I personally chose to use a jackshaft so I could gear...
  18. T

Mistake ?

One of my boys , 36, told me the other day that his bike is going up for sale. He lives in Reno, Nv and said 7 times in the last year he has almost wound up in a major car vs motorcycle. He said 6 were cell phone related. You always lose in that situation. 45 years ago I was broad sided by a '59...
  19. T

?s about promod jackshaft reuse?

It fits perfectly. That was my change also. Mine is the old style DB, 2009 model. I can't tell you about the ratio you want because mine is geared down real low to climb hills and I will not go fast anymore. I have never run out of power with the 4 Lifan. I just switched the pro mod jack shaft...
  20. T

Motovox MBX11 front suspension on a Doodlebug

Quit ridin' and whinin', an old, beat up man's opinion.:wink: