Search results

1. jessez

clarify 5.5 160 vs 6.5 296 interchangeable parts

This is where I am going with the engine I am going to address those weak links as I do a mild build don't plan on having a motor that is putting out gobs of power just a little bit more I appreciate the info. I was more or less trying to get a confirmation on the track I am on. Which after a...
  2. jessez

E-3 spark plug is the way to go read!

This is the most helpful post in here I think. If they make it to market it as a replacement it should be the right length and heat I just cautious you to do a little extra research and make sure but if it works in your motor with out any side effects then by all means do it. I know nothing...
  3. jessez

And you still have added 0% to anything but your post count
  4. jessez

Yeah I seen the chart on NR's web site. I was being a smart ass about PMs. I actually have 2 clones one being the the older square tank and one being the newer one. The one I would build is the older 1 which I have abused but have never taken off the governor and don't plan on it unless I buy...
  5. jessez

hf $70 off coupon for the 212cc 6.5hp motor? and its on sale?

I bet there are stipulations such as only good online and not good with other sales so it would be off of 180 ish. I seem to think I seen it was going to be in the sidewalk sale for $99 not sure though
  6. jessez

I have done searches I know both of you guys are knowledgeable and that is why I asked for clarification from who ever would put it. Next time I will PM you 2 directly thanks
  7. jessez

Ok so I did some searching but had not found exactly the answers. I have a 6.5 pre greyhound clone and a 5.5 Honda ( parts motor). I got the Honda cheap and want to do the head and piston. What else to use. From what-if understand the heads are 22 cc vs 18 cc right? And the piston will be a...
  8. jessez

Latest coupon Harbor Freight!

I wouldn't mind getting both
  9. jessez

Awesome guide to modding Briggs 5 hp flatheads

[/COLOR]I know these posts are old but want to throw in my opinion True and false the blade does spin as a sort of second flywheel............ kind of. But a briggs mower will run with out a blade on it, the big problem is the timing will be off on most. how is aluminum any worst than...
  10. jessez

$99.00 blue 6.5 hp surges

it governs the RPM's which means it will barrow agianst next years aloted RPM's allowing it to go into a RPM deficit and still blow up
  11. jessez

i guess you could you would have to find that sweet spot, and i assume that overalll you will be going slower if that is something you are concerned with
  12. jessez

x2 it runs on fly wheights once they open it will seem like it falls flat on its face untill the weights close alowing the carb to do its thing and as far as are they worth 100 bucks, see what you can find for that price the maybe cheap and have weak links but for the price nothing is...
  13. jessez

let em float?

i mean seeing as how the verdict is 18lbs start floating what around 6-6500. its just one of those story's where it seemed to scream so much it felt like alot more to him.
  14. jessez

let em float?

Good info thanks ratbike so how did he get it to 7k on completly stock motor? down hill is all i can think of. and what is the deal with 10-40?
  15. jessez

Who'll admit that their DB30 has thrown them?

I live @ 5500 ft so mine has never just jumped out from me. but if i get on it it will pull the front wheel up. and i have looped mine about 5 times trying to ride a wheelie. with the short wheel base it will come up quick. my neighbor (who has a heat) tryed to do a wheelie on the black top...
  16. jessez

let em float?

well actually most parts do break on accelaration, they are just terminally damaged during decelaration.
  17. jessez

let em float?

obviously you do. and if you are going to try to make my quote seem old look up the origins of yours it was from 1871 bucko also feel free to spout "the internationale" if you want. we live in in a country where you are aloud to do so but to be honest with you i am not racist or ignorant and...
  18. jessez

let em float?

also do you have a website?
  19. jessez

let em float?

ok to answer the questions i guess i left out yes billet rod, i do plan on putting a regulator on it. and yes i know what will happen if a spring breaks. i know the price of 18lbs springs, and i will prob end up doing them. i mainly wanted to get an idea of about what RPM they will float...
  20. jessez

let em float?

any body see a prob in letting the valves float on a cloan? i am thinking the clearance on a completly stock (except billet rod) would not be an interferance. anyone ever have stock springs breaking as i know this will cause big problems? also correct me if i am wrong but valve float happens...