Search results

1. rolltide

Harbor Freight Clones New series

to me, they look to be almost the same but with a bigger bore, its black instead of blue, the gas cap has swapped sides, and the air cleaner looks to be a bit less bulky. other than that i can't see much of a difference from the pictures on their site. however, more power is more power and...
  2. rolltide

oldphocker and Rolltide meet up

had a great time meeting up with oldphocker this morning. he's an awesome guy and many thanks to him for helping me get the exhaust welded up and mounted on the murray. i can tell all of ya that folks like him are few and far between and i'm really glad we met up and i'm looking forward to the...
  3. rolltide

New 6.5 Clone mods

ugh, i see where some peoples frustration with this site comes from... there's no need to be rude or short or try to take a stab at me. let's keep it civil. i was merely trying to relate everyone's position to him from one noob to another.
  4. rolltide

New 6.5 Clone mods

please do not take offense to anything i am about to say. i'm new here and new to the clone motors, but i took the time to read around and had most of my questions answered by doing that. just about every question you have has most likely been asked by someone else and if you just type in your...
  5. rolltide

rejetting

i left the idle jet alone when i found out that it was already the same size as the #77 but i did go on and drill out the main jet with a #65 and now i dont have to put the choke on more than about 50% and it runs much better and i dont have the carb problems i had before.
  6. rolltide

rejetting

ok, i managed to find a #77 and i'll be damned if the idle jet wasn't already bored to that diameter. the bit slid right in and out with next to no friction. now the main jet was a different story. i actually had to work a little to get the #65 through there, but i got it done with no...
  7. rolltide

rejetting

ok, i have a question about rejetting a clone. i see where one guy says to use a #72 here http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/honda-clone-engines/17331-drilling-jet-hard-start-clone.html and then i see where another guy says to use a #77 here...
  8. rolltide

stock clone wont run

i read that the other day, thats what made me decide to bore the jets out a bit. thanks again y'all.:thumbsup:
  9. rolltide

stock clone wont run

ok, i got it running again. here is what i did, first i took the plug out and regapped it and then i took the carb off and blew it out as well as the jets and the bowls. i also took the float off and gave it and the needle a good wipe down with some clean gas. i guess now i'm gonna go and get...
  10. rolltide

stock clone wont run

i have disconnected the oil sensor as well as made sure that there is plenty of oil in it. so, low oil is probably not the problem. not to worry though i didn't cut the wire but rather i went into the little black harness and just disconnected it so that i would not void the warranty. other than...
  11. rolltide

stock clone wont run

thanks for the quick reply and the heads up. i'll check those things in the next day or so and let ya know if that worked.:thumbsup:
  12. rolltide

stock clone wont run

ok, i'm sure this has probably been covered before, but i gotta know what could be going on. i just put a new 6.5 hp harbor freight special on my track 2 and yesterday it ran fine. today i try to start it and it will not run with the choke off. it ran a little here and there but died on me a...
  13. rolltide

Need Manual for Murray Track 2 Mini Bike

thanks a ton! :bowdown:
  14. rolltide

my bad, i sent it before i typed it in... wsandersjr@hotmail.com
  15. rolltide

manual a neighbor of mine gave me a murray track 2 and if you have it and wouldn't mind, i would really appreciate a copy of the manual also :weld:
  16. rolltide

$80 Harbor Freight 6.5hp Engines Brand New!! October 1st, 2nd, and 3rd

HF will take coupons on sale prices i live in the huntsville alabama area and i just bought one of the 6.5hp blue clones today and i can confirm that they will take the 20% off coupon on the 99.99 sale price.
  17. rolltide

Harbor Freight 20% off untill 12/31/2010 yep December 31, 2010

that coupon document rocks. thanks so much man. i love harbor freight because if i lose something or break it, its no sweat off my back.
  18. rolltide

Harbor Freight $99.99 6.5 clone engine NOW 6/1/10

are those motors decent? i've been contemplating getting one, i just dont know anything about them.
  19. rolltide

My Murray bike.

that looks nice man. a neighbor of mine just gave me one of those out of the blue a few weeks ago and i'm looking to mod it before too long because it still has the original 3.5 tecumseh on it and a bit of rust here and there. hopefully i can get it looking as good as that. nice handle bars also.