Search results

1. S

Dual Valve spring compressor tool

I made one similar to this using a cheap harbor freight vise grip and some scrap metal I had laying around. Clone Engine Building Tools | KartBlog.Net - Tips, Tricks and Karting Talk
  2. S

Bolt removal

Tech Tip 309... Rusty Screw Removal Made Easy - THE H.A.M.B.
  3. S

Let's see the Carnage!

When my exhaust valve decided to let go.
  4. S

Fuel Line Hardening

I had the same problem with fuel line from a couple of the online karting supply shops. I finally ended up buying some from this guy a couple years back and it hasn't hardened yet. 10' Fuel Line Red Gas Hose Go Cart Kart Jet Ski Birel | eBay
  5. S

Does anyone have a pic of a Bonanza Go kart

Couple more from a local show
  6. S

Some Kart Questions

Every kart I've ever ridden has been a live axle so I'm the wrong guy to ask.
  7. S

Some Kart Questions

After looking a bit closer at your pics. The rear end of your kart is similar to the Bonanza that SooterBoy on this site has. If you search his posts you can probably find some more pics of his kart and perhaps copy that setup. If it lasted almost 50 years on his kart it should last a while on...
  8. S

Some Kart Questions

I bought my live axle and a set of two bolt bearing flanges either from BMI or Americanpowersports (been too long to remember) and made my own hangers. I welded the hangers to the side of the frame and also spot welded them to the bottom of the frame. In the rear I added a gusset to stiffen it...
  9. S

VINTAGE Racing Go Karts

That Flexo was one clean looking minibike.
  10. S

Take a ride in a 58 Caretta........

Loving the editing on that video :thumbsup::thumbsup:
  11. S

Looks so much slower on video then in person. Was nice meeting you guys on Thurs. Sorry we weren't able to get our karts out in time for you to see them. Here's a couple of pics of them from Sat. I'll probably post up a build thread and some more pics in a few days so as not...
  12. S

Fun on the 4th........

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
  13. S

Friend still has the original but it has a 100% stock clone on it at the moment. I posted up pics before. http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/more-than-two-wheels/23684-does-anyone-have-pic-bonanza-go-kart-2.html We would most likely bring it as well but it will be hard to fit 3 karts in...
  14. S

First off apologies to pindrive for hijacking his thread. Badass Caretta by the way :thumbsup: My friend with the 63 R900 and I were planing on coming at least as spectators on Sat. I'm now thinking about swinging by on Thur or Fri to take a closer look at your cart. My friend was talking about...
  15. S

Are you bringing your R900s?
  16. S

Vintage Racing Kart

Sure sounds like a Simplex. Not sure which model though. They have the huge rear tube and the straight across steering wheel like you mentioned Here's a pic of a Simplex Challenger. 1961 Simplex Challenger Go Kart Classic Vintage Print Ad
  17. S

Does anyone have a pic of a Bonanza Go kart

Any pics of your kart?
  18. S

My HF 6.5 build

No offense taken. I know I'm not putting out tons of power especially compared to some of the other builds on this site but I don't feel like I spent a bunch of frivolous money on this build. I could be way off base here but I would think an engine with only an air cleaner and exhaust would not...
  19. S

My HF 6.5 build

Thanks!
  20. S

My HF 6.5 build

I did it more for the visual appeal but safety wiring the bolts makes it impossible for them to loosen up. It's used in the aviation industry where a loose bolt could spell disaster.