Search results

1. O

Dune Cat

64 fairlaine, I believe that some had just a chain type clutch........ usually the "small tire" variety, i believe. I love the Comet setup tho, the speed, power, and ability of the setup to move even "fat ol' dad" (me) around at a good clip with a 5 horse is great! Mine also has the comet...
  2. O

Dune Cat

Nice score!
  3. O

Vintage Slot cars.........

I've been into ho scale slots for around 20 years, the majority of them bought dirt cheap at yard sales / flea markets/ thrift stores. I had amassed a large collection about 15 years ago.... around 50 afx / t jets etc, then sold the entire collection and "got out of it". Wouldn't ya know it...
  4. O

Dune Cat

Nice Find!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
  5. O

Barn find Gilson Kart

Pretty neat, a tub style or "monocoque" construction........... no frame per se. In sports racing cars in the 1960's building cars with an aluminum skin/tub was brand new technology. Cool cart, i'd love to get my hands on one at a price I could afford.
  6. O

id on this kart?

Any idea on age/model? Near me for $135.... engine is toast. Rear scuff brakes seem (to me at least) to indicate an older model.......... Price seems pretty good..............
  7. O

The WTF picture thread

Hunting...........
  8. O

kool things ridden or driven

45t - loved those cars and that movie..............:thumbsup:
  9. O

kool things ridden or driven

Two GTO'S, Mazda Miata, ss chevy nova, Buell motorcycle, Turbocharged 86 omni glh 4 door (killer sleeper, lol) and several formula vee vw powered formula cars. Nothin' too exotic, lol. Probably many I've forgotten, too..... The vees were a hoot to drive - mine was 800 pounds, exactly...
  10. O

daily drivers

Daily driver nine months a year is a 2002 miata. 3 months a year i drive a 96 ford ranger - a sacrificial goat to the salt/snow gods here in Pennsylvania.
  11. O

youtube videos

dune cat video nothing too dramatic, just the kids playing with a newer mini bike and a dune cat go kart. MVI 0842dunecat - YouTube
  12. O

Dune cat video uploaded to youtube.

Could not find a single solitary video of a dune cat on youtube, so I uploaded this one. Just the kids playing around with it. MVI 0842dunecat - YouTube
  13. O

VW Powered F1 Replica

I raced formula vees in autocross for about 20 years. It's fairly easy to find a basket case / roller fairly cheap. Would be a much faster project that way. The one I owned the longest was a 1964 Autodynamics Mk1. Set some FTD times with that sucka, and humiliated the local corvette club...
  14. O

HPE Muskin "Dunecat" !

I see a lot of posts out there with people seeking seats for these things. At a fair price, you'd sell quite a few of em....... My friend is now looking for a dune cat for his son - one drive and they were both sold on it, lol, so if anyone hears of any available in the Pennsylvania and...
  15. O

HPE Muskin "Dunecat" !

Previous owner told me he made a trade for the dune cat, and part of it was the guy made a new seat cushion (upholstry shop)........ it's a copy of original. Now i wish I had got information on it then - probably the #1 thing dune cat restorers are looking for:censure::censure::censure: So it's...
  16. O

HPE Muskin "Dunecat" !

Pics of ours. BUMP! Picked this one up Janurary 2010 out on Long Island NY for $300, drove through a wicked snowstorm to get it. So bad, that all the commuters stayed home.:thumbsup: Damn gas and tolls brought the price up to $400 in the end. Aside from the motor being a later 5hp briggs...
  17. O

muskin dune cat on CL michigan

Dune cat listed for $300. (not mine)..... too far for me, but thought i'd post for others. Go-Cart 70's Muskin Dune Cat
  18. O

Looking for a muskin dune cat.

Anyone near Memphis? Dune cat listed on craigslist, $400 1980s fiberglass go kart
  19. O

how old are you?

43 and living a second childhood vicariously (sp?) via my 9 year old daughter. Had a couple carts as a kid and never got a single one of em' running,........ dad was absent. So nowadays, the carts are for her, though I test drive them vigorously to test them for safety, first.:laugh:
  20. O

Waht is this body?

Sorta a minimalist dune buggy, :laugh: just the bare essentials! Looks like fun! Never seen one like that before, tho!