Search results

1. R

bringing a bird back from the dead.

hello, I'm trying to resurrect an old bird engineerign minibike. there is a model tag that says L.C. PENNY 5306. couple questions- it's missing the rear brake caliper, that grabs the sprocket to stop. how hard would it be to find one of these? what pitch is the chain on these?
  2. R

Bird frame, DB30 engine, and 80212 briggs for sale in seattle

the frame has pictures in this thread: http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/what/43975-whatzit.html asking $50 for the frame and what is left of the engine. the Doodlebug engine is the stock 97cc Chinese engine. comes with clutch and engine mounting plate. was run only long enough for my...
  3. R

whatzit?

well, it's not mine. it is a friend of mine's. he bought it, then realized how much work / cash it would take to fix it up. so, he went and bought a doodlebug, witch he promptly asked me to fix the fact that it wouldn't pull his 200 lb self. so, i'm repowering with a harbor freight engine...
  4. R

whatzit?

anybody interested in it? i'm gonna be looking to find it a new home along with a 97cc doodlebug engine and an 80212 brigs engine.
  5. R

frame in oregon or close to portland area

i've got what looks like an old bird minibike frame, just posted it in the what is it forum under 'whatzit?' i'll probably be selling it, if you're interested.
  6. R

whatzit?

it does look somewhat like a bird, after searching pictures with that brand. any way to positively id it? these things have a serial number anywhere?
  7. R

whatzit?

anyone know what this is? has the remains of an older briggs on it.