Search results

1. mrtheandrew

Machining Predator taper to clone?

...all of which are available, except the flywheel. Therefore, its what's holding a predator build back.
  2. mrtheandrew

true. the flywheel is the only thing really holding this motor back.
  3. mrtheandrew

Motovox Doodle

i think most of the mbx10 parts will fit on the 11. motovox will have to confirm, but i believe the only differences are the exhaust and front suspension.
  4. mrtheandrew

I need a measurement ASAP Please

Its around 10", but I'm not home to measure yet.
  5. mrtheandrew

60 or 72 tooth rear sprocket

I'd go with the 72. That will still get you to 30mph or so, and you'll have tons of torque to move you and your son through dirt and grass. If you have a 6" wheel, your overall tire diameter could be around 13 to 15 inches depending on what size tire you have. I have the predator with a 12/72...
  6. mrtheandrew

from what i'm told, you can put a honda crank ($45) and honda billet rod ($60) in the predator, which will allow use of honda flywheel. if honda rod works with predator piston, then this would probably be an option.
  7. mrtheandrew

Motovox Doodle

first of all, i'm glad to see you guys active on the forums. secondly, i am using the stock mbx-11 exhaust with the predator. it sounds great! nice and quiet at idle and cruise, but intimidating when you open that throttle. all i did was rotate the stock ehxuast about 90", cut the flange off...
  8. mrtheandrew

how to get he valves out

been a while since ive done it, but remove the head, then disconnect rockers, retainers, and keepers on top of valve stem. valves should slide right out.
  9. mrtheandrew

Predator 212 Exhaust

i used the 2" of pipe and flange from the stock predator exhaust as something to weld whichever exhaust i wanted on there. dragbikemini- i see a motovox in that photo! get a predator on that thing!
  10. mrtheandrew

Can this Continental AU85 engine be saved?

want to know the best way to get rid of all that corrosion?? electrolytic rust removal using a battery charger. Rust removal by electrolysis i used this to restore a wood stove that was sitting outside for years. this will also prevent any damage caused by a wire brush. i ran the stove...
  11. mrtheandrew

Motovox Doodle

hmm... $60 for billet gx rod and $45 for crank. the predator billet rod is $85 by itself. still might be worthwhile rather than buying a whole new engine to replace one i nearly got for free.
  12. mrtheandrew

Motovox Doodle

Sounds good. Ill give it a shot. Now, can you tell me if the gx crank will fit the predator? :smile:
  13. mrtheandrew

Removing governor on your engine and OldMiniBikes !!! Please read !!!

just wanted to link to some additional pictures of a failed flywheel: Results of a cast iron Kohler flywheel when spun well above 4,000 rpm
  14. mrtheandrew

Motovox Doodle

no, the gx flywheel will not work, but if the gx crank fits in the predator, then you could use a gx flywheel. and yes, you probably could use longer studs, i just don't know if they fit for sure. regardless, you'd still have to purchase an air filter adapter for it. if there is a filter...
  15. mrtheandrew

Motovox Doodle

promod- any word yet on the air filter adapter you were planning to make that fits the shorter carb studs on the predator and is predrilled for the choke holder bracket? since we know that no one yet makes a billet flywheel for the predator, is it known if the gx200/clone crank will fit, thus...
  16. mrtheandrew

Motovox Doodle

Its a lot louder with the big motor, sounds great. Fender is back on now, lol
  17. mrtheandrew

Motovox Doodle

$349 for the mbx10? i'd save your cash and keep searching for that mbx11 to get that front suspension and better exhaust for the same price. i also looked online for the mbx11s to try and comparison shop before i picked up the one from costco, but couldn't find much online except seasonal...
  18. mrtheandrew

Motovox Doodle

I think the brake is the weakest point overall, especially once you've got a predator in it :-) if its as simple as an adapter plate, that'd be great.
  19. mrtheandrew

Motovox Doodle

Dang... was hoping for those hydraulic brakes!