Search results

1. J

Another whatisit ...

Is there an effective way to limit RPMs on this bike, until my bots get some experience on it? How adjustable is the governor?
  2. J

Another whatisit ...

Found out it takes a 3//16" key. Local Sears hardware store had a 6" piece for $3. Put the Max torque clutch on it, threaded in a 3/4" 3/8x24 crank bolt. It fired up on the 4th pull. Those bent forks make it a bit unstable to steer so I'll have to un-bend them asap. Bike moves my 195...
  3. J

Another whatisit ...

Crank key What size crank key does the Tecumseh HS50 user?
  4. J

Another whatisit ...

SO, until I can locate someone to build a combo clutch cover and full length chain guard, is something like the attached the best I can do ?
  5. J

Another whatisit ...

:sad: St. Louis.
  6. J

Another whatisit ...

The fork shows no sign of buckle at the bend, just a little crease in the back where the plate is welded. Is it possible that this bike came this way? I'll have to search for some place that can bend it back, I guess. I need to cover the clutch and chain somehow for these young boys - will...
  7. J

Another whatisit ...

Bend it back? Cut and weld? I have neither a press nor welding equipment. How are the brake and bent fork related? (Sorry for my ignorance - rookie with these bikes.)
  8. J

Another whatisit ...

Serial starts with HS50 so I guess it's a 5 HP? Throttle linkage looks beat up (see pic). Are these replaceable? Is it difficult to add a clutch brake? Thank you for your assistance!!!
  9. J

Another whatisit ...

My neighbor gave us this. Free. :thumbsup: Runs, clutch always engaged - it has a busted spring and play in the bearing. No set screw or crank bolt. Had to clean the crank bolt threads (3/8, 24) so the crank bolt has been missing for awhile. Seat is 'resourceful' - 2x4 with carpet. 1)...