Search results

1. R

ready for round 2!

so more compression and more lift with better springs won't give me a good performance boost? :confused:
  2. R

ready for round 2!

I wasn't clear. I had detonation with 93. So I then went to the mixed fuel. On the mixed fuel it runs like a badass but still chokes out up high.
  3. R

ready for round 2!

I really just want to go through the valves and cam/rockers to get more airflow and RPM. I float at around 6K now but I can feel it choking down a little as well. I was thinking about adding compression to bump up the power output some more. I'm already 11:1 and between the comp, timing and...
  4. R

ready for round 2!

so I built my legit gx200 with billet long rod, flat top, shaved stock head .035" with .018" gasket(~11:1), burris head studs and case studs, mikuni 22mm, arc FW, 6 degree advanced timing, custom freeflow exhaust, and stock cam/pushrods/lifters with 1.3 rockers and 18lb springs. I'm very...
  5. R

Chain Guards

make me an offer guys. They are sitting waiting to be shipped.
  6. R

Just another doodle.

they are just 10" pocketbike wheels. The front is fairly skinny, and the rear is a hair wider than the stock tires.
  7. R

Just another doodle.

I been busy with real life so the mini has been pushed aside. I did get the new mikuni and fuel pump on. I also got a greased lightning and my tach finally came in from AGK. Before christmas I machined all 7 adapters to mount the pocketbike wheels. I still need to make the front brake...
  8. R

Chain Guards

I made a chain guard for my bike, while I was at it I made two extra one to help out the community. They fit over my greased lightning just fine. They are water jet from .090" 3003 Alum. All TIG welded and the surface is lightly sanded/bead blasted. They look good. I have fine thread...
  9. R

vibrations

I have a greased lightning. It shouldn't be the clutch. I didn't feel a difference from max torque to horsemen.
  10. R

vibrations

is the ARC fw lighter or heavier than stock? I don't think the fw is "balanced" either to the crank. I think it is just neutrally balanced.
  11. R

vibrations

this is just speculation. dished piston -> flat top = heavier stock rod -> longer billet rod= heavier stock pin- stock pin= same stock rings -> flat top rings- same so the rotating assembly IMO is heavier modified. What does this mean on a single cylinder engine...?? I could believe the...
  12. R

vibrations

sorry its the .020" rod.
  13. R

vibrations

I'm spinning my gx200 to ~6K with an ARC long rong, honda flat top, and ARC billet FW. Stock crank. ~11:1 comp on gas with +6 timing. To anyone else running this combo or close, how would you describe the vibrations you feel? My bike seems to vibrate harder(magnitude) than my harley...
  14. R

Mikuni 22...

for the barrel you can solder a piece of copper tube on the end with a propane torch and pipe solder/flux.
  15. R

clutch cover bolt pattern

I think its the "normal" 3.625" circle. apparently in the 40's these dimensions were set at a "standard" by the government and military?
  16. R

the bolts are 5/16 UNF. I'm trying to find the circle dimensions.
  17. R

whoops! I have a gx200 honda. but I'm using the same method right now. Of course it isn't listed in the manuals I can find.
  18. R

anyone know the exact bolt pattern of the 4 bolts surrounding the PTO? in this picture from agk.. I'm going to build a clutch cover since changing to a greased lightning. It scares me...
  19. R

How much lift before clearancing block?

I'm hoping to pull at least 8K. Anything over and I'm happy. I'm thinking about pulling the stamped 1.3s I have and wrap them in something like 1/8" solid rod and welding them up. I refuse to drop the cash for the 1.3 shaft rockers.
  20. R

Just another doodle.

cool I bored the carb today. But now it just runs super even more shittty. I think it has a vacuum leak somewhere. It has a hunting idle and just runs like crap. I think a mikuni is eminent. I really don't feel like spending the cash though. I wish there was a carb that wasn't jetted...