Search results

1. T

212cc mini chopper

Got it! Thank you for doing that! And thanks again for all the help with getting it running good :scooter:
  2. T

212cc mini chopper

You were right. Thanks again!
  3. T

212cc mini chopper

Found the problem! Minibikin', you were right. When I bolted my homemade filter on, it left the carburetor loose and left a small gap inbetween the block and the carb. When I took my filter and gasket off and put the bolts back on and tightened it back to the block, it cranked right up with...
  4. T

212cc mini chopper

I still can't understand why it will crank and run so easily when I hold the throttle arm to half-full throttle and then pull the cord, and why when it's running that I move the throttle arm back to idle and it dies. It will not crank or run when the throttle arm is all the way forward at idle.
  5. T

212cc mini chopper

What spring? The return spring? If I do that then how will the throttle arm return to no throttle when I'm not twisting the handle?
  6. T

212cc mini chopper

Ok guys now that I'm home and am trying to figure out the problem, I did discover the only way it will start. If I put the throttle arm on the motor on around half throttle or more, and then pull the cord to crank it, it starts and idles great all day long. But when I pull the throttle arm...
  7. T

212cc mini chopper

I'm very new to this so help me out on what you mean when replacing the boot for the coil wire. Are you talking about the insulator that plugs on the spark plug? And where is the idle screw located?
  8. T

212cc mini chopper

Also there is a random black hose coming from the OHV cover and isn't going to anything...does that mean anything?
  9. T

212cc mini chopper

I'm pretty sure there is an air leak after the carb...on the filter adapter/carb side. I've been trying to figure out the best way to seal the crack off...it is a very thin crack between the gasket and the carb.
  10. T

212cc mini chopper

Gotcha. That's what I'll do first and see what happens. Should I get the same insulator or is it fine to get any kind?
  11. T

212cc mini chopper

Explain that first part...in order for me to start it, I have to be standing on the front side of the bike facing the back of it (pulling the cord towards the front of the bike). The engine ran great stock. Do I need to get the exact same insulator that came with it or would any one from a...
  12. T

212cc mini chopper

The short exhaust pipe (black) that curves up, I cut off almost all the way down to the mount and cut and bent a piece of conduit and welded it as the exhaust pipe to the mount. I did the same thing for the air filter over the carb...cut a piece of conduit a couple of inches long and put a cone...
  13. T

212cc mini chopper

I hate to switch out the 140 e tube since it ran so good right after I put it on...I wouldn't think something like that would all of a sudden keep it from starting. Since these engines usually run pretty good right out of the box, maybe something is going on with the stuff I changed on...
  14. T

212cc mini chopper

Yes the first thing I did when I bought it was put new oil in it and made sure when trying to crank it I had the kill switch on "on". When I put the choke on, it seems like it wants to try to start better, but barely. For some reason I think something is going on with the spark plug since the...
  15. T

212cc mini chopper

The filter adapter is just a bad weld job. I made my own gasket and cut it out and welded a piece of conduit pipe and then stuck the filter on the end. There isn't anything from that in the carb because I made sure it was clean on the inside before I put it on. I know I have a steady fuel...
  16. T

212cc mini chopper

I just cleaned them out and it still doesn't want to crank. I did just now find that the cap that goes onto the spark plug is broken. The pressure from the seat must have cracked it. The spark plug still looks fine and I can still plug the cap on it, but it easily wiggles when capped on...
  17. T

212cc mini chopper

Also here is a video of me trying to start it...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uef0Pjy_Zjg
  18. T

212cc mini chopper

I just drained the bowl and everything looks normal to me...I took some more pictures to see if you guys can see anything unormal or that could be the problem. I'm sure it would crank every time if I had not put a filter and exhaust on there...but I'm sure there's something easy that will...
  19. T

212cc mini chopper

Hey guys. I have just about completed my mini chopper build. I put a new 6.5 predator motor on it and took the bulky stuff off of it. I put a simple air filter cone on the carb, and am using the harley gas tank as the actual gas tank. I also welded my own exhaust pipe on. It sounds and...
  20. T

Two new baja projects

I picked these 2 baja's up yesterday. The black one has everything except the motor, and the green one is ready to roll. I have not been able to crank the green one, though. I was told the carburetor just needs to be cleaned. How do I go about doing that? I pulled the carb cover off and...