Search results

1. Matt O.

Vintage AmphiKitty balloon tire mini bike

I took the Amphikitty out for a ride through the trails. It's running and riding great! I would like to Thank everyone commenting on the build and Thank you for the likes.
  2. Matt O.

OldMiniBikes Build Off 2020

I am very thankful for Karen's hard work. As a newbie in the build off I didn't understand the no votes. Earlier today someones build had 2 qty no votes and "no" yes votes, I thought that was not very nice. They worked hard why give them a no. I can see where software might be a pain in the...
  3. Matt O.

OldMiniBikes Build Off 2020

I don't understand how this voting system works. Each build has a yes and a no box? Some very nice builds only have received no votes? Some builds have received some yes, some no, therefore the yes percentage is say 70% with multiple votes, Then say one person gets only one vote and it's a...
  4. Matt O.

my Cat 400TS

What a Great build. I have shared your story a few times. Your bike is a winner in my book!
  5. Matt O.

This has been a vey enjoyable build. I want to thank everyone who helped out in the process. Everyone one this site have been supportive and kind. I hope by sharing this build, the process to add a lighting coil to a Briggs engine, bearing and seal part numbers used on this build will help...
  6. Matt O.

Here are some photos of the finishing touches to the headlight mount and decals. Thank you Mike and Jesse for the help and design for the headlight bracket. Keep an eye out at the end of the video. You’ll see this very Amphikitty with the factory Amphicat race team at the first national ATV...
  7. Matt O.

You are correct. The rubber tire is vulcanized to the rim at the tire manufacture. With a little patience and time you can install a valve stem from the outside. I takes a small flat tip screwdriver with a long handle and long needle nose pliers.
  8. Matt O.

News Flash! My son just uncovered an amazing piece of history on this very Amphikitty bike. I will reveal the story and information when we post the completion video tomorrow. Stay tuned.
  9. Matt O.

It’s coming along nicely. Today I installed the front forks, tire, handle bars, brakes and throttle cables. My friend Jesse came up with a nice way to protect the paint if the front forks are turned to far.
  10. Matt O.

Making good progress. Today I have the engine assembled and installed along with the rear tire, jack shaft and chains. My frien Mike also came up with a nice mount for my lighting coil voltage regulator.
  11. Matt O.

Today was much more productive than yesterday. I started out this morning sanding and repainting the engine parts that the paint wrinkled yesterday. I then moved on to changing out the straight valve stems to 90 degree ones to make it easier to check the air in the tires. Next up on the list was...
  12. Matt O.

Woke up this morning with grand plans to paint the engine completely and get ready for assembly on Monday. 90% through the paint process I ran out of paint. I live about 15 minutes from the closest town with a TSC and Wal-Mart to go buy another can of paint. My problem was the color I chose was...
  13. Matt O.

This last week was busy and I did not get everything completed I wanted to. Today I was able to get the engine parts primed. Tomorrow will be the final paint if all goes well. Then Monday I can start assembly.
  14. Matt O.

To the Moderator: I mistakenly posted duplicates of the fender photos. Can you delete the extra photos and this reply. That will clean up the thread a bit. Sorry for the inconvenience
  15. Matt O.

I’ve owned this Amphikitty for about 5 years and the build off was my motivation to move this project up on the priority list.
  16. Matt O.

A big Thank You to Larry and Mike for helping me get my fenders back in shape and gel coating my chain cover. The headlight cover mold is complete and should have a finished part in a few days.
  17. Matt O.

A big Thank You to Karen who told me we’re to purchase the correct material for my seats! The guy who does all of my production seats for Mudd Ox sewed them up for me. I had him do one for the El Burro I have also. Next step is cleaning and painting the engine.
  18. Matt O.

Let there be light! I have successfully added a lighting / charge coil to my 5hp Briggs & Stratton engine. With the help from a few local small engine shops and my friend Mike on the Lathe and Mill. I visited a local small engine shop that has been around for many years and told them what I...