Search results

1. G

How good are the TAV knockoffs?

That's the same link I used. First time I bought it sent the part from "Auto Express Parts", that was the one that had the right belt and the back plate fit the motor perfectly. Second one I bought came from "GoPower Sports", which had the short belt and backing plate needing a fin cut off...
  2. G

How good are the TAV knockoffs?

I've bought to TAV2 knock-offs recently for our two DB30R's. Both from the same link on Amazon, about 3 weeks apart, but they sold and shipped from totally different locations. The first one did not have the extra fin on the jackshaft backing plate that interferes with the motor, it bolted up...
  3. G

Swapped a 212 for a 97....performance help, please?

Yeah, I had seen that sort of thing, and even have the Grainger 3/4" to 5/8" keyed spacer, but the built in key on the TAV2 really does not fit well onto the 5/8" shaft, so I abandoned any attempt to try and make it fit and grabbed a 212 instead. Which is a much more fun motor, but pretty much...
  4. G

I couldn't find them when I was looking a month ago, but being new to all this I probably didn't know the right keywords to search on?
  5. G

It's too bad no one makes torque converters that will fit the 5/8" stock shaft. That would fix the get-up-and-go problems the stock setup has.
  6. G

Doodle Bug Sprocket Adapters For Sale

I solved my fitment problems by cutting off all the tabs for the chain guard, which lets the outer bolts and chain clear everything cleanly. Then I used some flat head hex bolts for the hub instead of the taller allen key bolts that came stock.
  7. G

I was trying to see if I could directly link the jpg out of my google drive. I can see the image, but I guess others can't? Anyway, here's a link to the google drive shared page, if you click on it you can see the image. adapter clearance photo I know the sprocket should be inside, but whether...
  8. G

Hopefully the image works. Never mind that I have the sprocket on the outside instead of the inside (this is just a test fitting), but you can see how the hub bolts down near the center are actually now taller than the spacer and are contacting the frame, due to the thickness of the adapter...
  9. G

I just tried to install the adapter today on my DB30R (new style frame) and am struggling to get the parts to fit right. It's a beautifully machined item, and fits the sprockets and hub perfectly, but am struggling with bolt clearances. The adapter is thicker than the stock 70 tooth sprocket...