Search results

1. cyclejunkie

Resurrecting Old Yeller

I forgot to mention that this thing does rip pretty good. I have it geared a little high, (original clutch sprocket was 11 teeth current one 17 on the Hillyard clutch) take off ok but she gets rolling after that.
  2. cyclejunkie

Resurrecting Old Yeller

It was neither one there delray. It was a carb off a 7 horse snowblower which looked to be same size as HS50 carb. I am tempted to try a big bore carb though just for grins and giggles.
  3. cyclejunkie

Resurrecting Old Yeller

As matter of fact delray I did get it running. I have ridden it several times, even took it out to vintage motorcycle days at midohio. I had some trouble after the first couple time or so of running it with ignition. The coil and points screws loosened up and I lock tighted them back down. Every...
  4. cyclejunkie

Arco chopper

Its nice to see the next generation getting acquainted with the good ol stuff.
  5. cyclejunkie

Anyone seen a tool like this?

I would also agree that is a way cool find, not something that is commonly seen by any means, but shows some of the ingenuity that this country was built on.
  6. cyclejunkie

Anyone seen a tool like this?

I would agree Dodgeboydan about the production end of it. They were pretty cagey about a lot of things back in the industrial revolution.
  7. cyclejunkie

Resurrecting Old Yeller

:scooter: :2guns: :smile: Thanks guys for your patience Ill post some more when I can.
  8. cyclejunkie

Resurrecting Old Yeller

I decided last Saturday it was time to see if this ol girl was going to run. First I wanted to see if she had any spark. ( I had adjusted the points but not the coil) She had a nice strong blue spark and I started to get excited. I took her down of the bench, put some gas in the tank and turned...
  9. cyclejunkie

Resurrecting Old Yeller

Sorry guys for the delay in the program, but its been a heck of a winter, ( I drive a fuel delivery truck) shoveling snow , and working in my buddies shop ( who passed away back in June ) , but here we are. Here are a couple of pics in the process. The mount I had fab to get the clutch and...
  10. cyclejunkie

Resurrecting Old Yeller

Thanks very much delray for asking. As a matter of fact IT RUNS !
  11. Rupp Banchi

Rupp Banchi

Throttle hook up
  12. Rupp Banchi

Rupp Banchi

Throttle cable adapter
  13. Rupp Banchi

Rupp Banchi

Fabricated engine mount
  14. Rupp Banchi

Rupp Banchi

Fabricated engine mount
  15. cyclejunkie

Resurrecting Old Yeller

No not yet with Christmas and couple other chores it has been on back burner but have new mount built just need to get things hooked up. Thanks for asking.
  16. cyclejunkie

Resurrecting Old Yeller

Thank you O.J. for that tidbit of info appreciate it. Roger
  17. cyclejunkie

My Tecumseh muffler

My hats off to ya, I know a little about machine work and I see a lot of painstaking ingenuity there. Niiice work. :thumbsup: :grind:
  18. cyclejunkie

Resurrecting Old Yeller

Thank you guys for all the info, much appreciated. I should be back working on it soon. I plan on firing it up with what I have and then going from there. :scooter:
  19. cyclejunkie

Resurrecting Old Yeller

Thanks Delray for the info, I knew that the stock rod assembly and such would be limiting from the research I did. The stock rod is supposed to be good to around 5400, witch is why I was thinking about limiting it to 5. What your saying about the bushing set up makes sense, I had wondered about...
  20. cyclejunkie

Resurrecting Old Yeller

Also David about the girdle did you fab yours or are they available aftermarket ? :shrug: