Search results

1. B

First Lil Indian Build

I was going to make the 5hp work and even machined the shaft down to 3/4" for a clutch but I found another 2hp ("mini tiller") on an old go kart frame at a swap meet. I got that engine bolted on and boom we have a running mini bike! Now i just need to make a seat.
  2. B

First Lil Indian Build

Sorry I haven't updated this in awhile but it is 98% complete except for a seat. I did go through some trials which I will detail below. The first Briggs I had stopped working ~1 week after i got it installed. I could't diagnose the problem as we had spark and air. I figured it was fuel then so...
  3. IMG_13174

IMG_13174

4. IMG_13373

IMG_13373

5. IMG_12813

IMG_12813

6. IMG_12891

IMG_12891

7. IMG_12753

IMG_12753

8. IMG_1314_1_

IMG_1314_1_

9. IMG_13382

IMG_13382

10. IMG_12743

IMG_12743

11. IMG_12794

IMG_12794

12. IMG_1271

IMG_1271

13. B

New rides entry: 1967 Allied Leasure Lil Indian

Big Chet 1967 Allied Leasure Lil Indian Lil Indian salvaged out of my grandparent's barn that fell down. 2 hp briggs from a swap meet, OldMiniBikes band brake kit.
  14. B

First Lil Indian Build

After rebuilding the carb on the old 2hp and messing with ALL THE THINGS for a week. It still won't stay running. I have come to the conclusion it is probably a timing issue? Anyway, instead of trying to figure out the timing (maybe that isn't even the issue), I decided to source a new motor. A...
  15. B

First Lil Indian Build

Dipper, that thing looks great. Nice work.
  16. B

First Lil Indian Build

Quick Update: I have had some issues starting the motor. I have spark, compression and air but the fuel isn't getting into the combustion chamber. After much searching I determined that a replacement carb is more expensive than a motor so I have a carb rebuild kit coming in today. Hopefully new...
  17. B

First Lil Indian Build

Update: It Lives! It was a busy weekend. Parts rolled in (new throttle, OldMiniBikes Brake kit, new gear, new chain, rest remover, paint, new bearings plus some others I am probably forgetting. I used a crud cutter and then POR-15 on top of the frame for as much rust protection as I can get. I pressed...
  18. B

First Lil Indian Build

OND, Thanks. I used a setup very similar to the one you showed. I ordered a brake kit off OldMiniBikes and modified it slightly and used spacers to get it mount decent. I still need to get the brake mounted but test fits looked promising.
  19. B

First Lil Indian Build

Good to know. If the one I ordered doesn't fit, I will give you a shout.
  20. B

First Lil Indian Build

Brand new to the forum and mini-bikes. I acquired a Lil Indian frame and wheels out of my grandparent's barn when it was torn down. It sat in my garage until I found a nice 2hp Briggs motor at a local trader's fair and that got me motivated to start building it. I just got it halfway cleaned up...