Search results

1. T

Ducar 212 carburetor screw

So that screw won't affect w.o.t mixture? Just idle mixture? Sorry for all the questions they probably seem dumb I just want to absorb all the info I can about this awesome hobby. Thanks all of y'all for the support and answering all of these questions
  2. T

Also going with a .36 jet or .37 (in addition to exhaust and air filter) and e-tube I figure the .36 would be a good start would you agree? Or do you think a bigger or smaller jet? I run a .35 on my predator 212 but with the ducar being a bit more powerful I figured a tad bit bigger jet will be...
  3. T

Can I thread lock it to make sure it doesn't wiggle out? And should I try it how it's set from factory and tune from there? And I'm guessing out is rich in is lean?
  4. T

If this is the mixture screw. Anyone have any tips and tricks number one I'm nervous it will back out on bumpy terrain and after rejetting will I need to lean it out or richen it up. Advice is greatly appreciated still new to these motors and I definitely want to tune it rite
  5. T

so my 212 came in today and I noticed this screw I didn't see on my predator or clone carbs. Is this a mixture adjustment screw? Would love to know before I put this bad boy on and crank it up.
  6. T

Predator 212cc hemi swap. Valve float???

Thanks everyone for all the advice hooked the tach up, and it is valve float happens rite at 5200 sometimes a smidge past or under. My buddies clone will reach 6100 somehow. I ended up ordering a ducar 212cc today to swap in and run as I build up this predator. Or I'll build the ducar one of the...
  7. T

What cam can I use before worrying about piston clearance? And what spring weight should I use for hear said cam??
  8. T

I have some fel pro gaskets I can make another gasket between head and carb to ensure a good seal. Great point, all of y'all are awesome I feel with a group like this I will be able to make one bad 212 hemi.
  9. T

I will say the take off is crazy though my buddy has no chance until the popping happens then he walks past me but I just didn't think I would float that much sooner than him but the valve train being heavier makes since
  10. T

Rod and flywheel are on order, I want to have another kid eventually so that is a must lol. It absolutely could be at 5k but no tach until tonight or tomorrow to truly see. Can you hear valve float? If so that would make since it's like a popping noise and with the straight pipe it's loud!!
  11. T

Spark plug shows a tad bit of carbon. It is the autolite racing plug, also tried a brand new stock plug with no change. I do probably want to order a set of jets for tuning. Like I said about plug though slight bit of black but the innards looked copper/Brown orange if that makes since lol. Now...
  12. T

Evol tweety bird statement really had me thinking as well. It makes since why the choke would affect it I also wanna know what rpm he is turning on his hysun it has the same exact mods no valve springs and he just seams to climb it honestly makes me nervous because if I'm at 5k he's got to be...
  13. T

Tried stock jet last night when I was tinkering with same results she just wants to stop right past full throttle it will keep going, (not gaining speed but sit there popping) just don't want to hurt the motor trying to push past it if it is valve float. Hoping to get to my brothers place...
  14. T

Also had to stop testing and tuning for the night neighbors aren't to thrilled with the new hobby and the loud exhaust, might have to start going somewhere else to test lol
  15. T

Is the pilot jet the main jet under the e tube? If so it's already swapped to a .35 (original post says 36 that's totally my oops) and mr.t bird I am sure you are rite my buddy keeps telling me it's float as well, just don't understand how his clone hisun is pulling more rpm than me and we both...
  16. T

Well I got home after work tried pulling gas cap. Same results. I did have the carb gasket that goes behind the air filter adapter backwards so I flipped it around (a testimony that taking your time with motors is vital lol), changed spark plug, swapped back to stock jet and emulsion tube trying...
  17. T

Ducar 212cc by Dyno?

I know this is a old post but did your have a governor in it? Tempted to buy one as a back up to the 212 I just put in
  18. T

I'm hoping with y'alls help and advice I can build one nasty "clone killer". For now it will have to be mild but it drives me crazy that I don't even think the motor is getting much past 3600 but without a tach I'm just speaking out my rear
  19. T

Raskin, as soon as I typed my last reply I saw you posted about the gas tank, the hysun gas tank seems to have no vent so I'm absolutely inclined to agree question is will removing the gas cap (For a quick test pass) tell me if venting is the issue? If so should I drill some vent holes in the...
  20. T

Daniel. I am in Houston texas I'm pretty sure we are close to sea level. And yes sir I believe he does both running .35 jets and the 140 emulsion tube. I will check valve lash, but I have also heard this issue could be due to improperly vented gas tank I'm wondering just for a try. Take off the...